+ Post New Thread
Recommended Suppliers Thread, schoolquote.co.uk in Purchasing and Trading; Heres a useful site for IT people in schools. If you answer yes to any of these questions, then I ...
    Thank Post

schoolquote.co.uk

Heres a useful site for IT people in schools.

If you answer yes to any of these questions, then I would consider schoolquote.

1. Do you need to produce 3 quotations to your senior managers before the order being accepted.

2. Do you need written quotations of items sent via email before you place any orders.

If you answer is yes to one or both of these, then I would consider using schoolquote.co.uk.

Schoolquote allows you to get quotations for projects, hardware, software even furniture!!! and it allows you to state all your requirements, if you know what you want you can give them model numbers etc and then reputable companies who are registered as a supplier with schoolquote will then come back to you with a written quotation via the site.

The good thing about this is that schoolquote don't disclose any details to the supplier of who has asked for a quote, its completely anonymous.

Can be very useful when you looking to get quotations quickly and don't have time to contact all your regular suppliers You could even use it to get an idea on pricing and then what ever the cheaper price is you can go back to an account manager that you trust and place an order with your regular suppliers.

It be good to hear others feedback on this. Members who are already with schoolquote if you could provide positive or negative feedback that would be great.

BTW its free to signup.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,495 Times in 1,341 Posts
    Ranj: Can you just confirm for me that you have no affiliation to this website?

Cheers.

Ben

Thank Post
    Shall find out if they are as good as Ranj makes out, I'm expecting a call at 9am to 'activate' my account.

Thank Post
    Lucky you keep us posted ;-)

Thank Post
    No I have no affiliation with schoolquote

Thank Post
    Prompt, bang on 9am, email with account activation, 9:15am call from them welcoming me and offering help getting started.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    Prompt, bang on 9am, email with account activation, 9:15am call from them welcoming me and offering help getting started.
    Is it actually a person that calls or an automated system?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I dont like the fact the whole site is not https. Just something I look for. Also note they have the right to give your details away to third parties and thats not just for the quotes part. I would guess thats how they will try to make money off the site as well as ad's. Lots of dosh to be had selling your personal information with that right.

Thank Post
    Real person.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranj
    The good thing about this is that schoolquote don't disclose any details to the supplier of who has asked for a quote, its completely anonymous.
    With so many school qualifying for bid pricing from companies like HP and Toshiba - How would those suppliers be able to access the information / set up these bids if they have not got your details?

Thank Post
    I don't see the point tbh, i already have a relationship with numerous suppliers, and the three quotes thing is only for very expensive purchases where you'd want to take the time to contact suppliers individually to assess the quotes.

Best value isn't always about the lowest price, some suppliers get quotes through very quickly others take forever even for straightforward items, having account managers and relationships with suppliers means from experience you know how prompt they are at turnaround....although as education and as limbo has mentioned suppliers having bid machines not just for education but all sectors you'd want to contact the reseller directly to get some big discounts.

It's always good to get more info on new suppliers and sharing of info between schools on IT purchasing...but doesn't a forum like this do that pretty well anyway ?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information