+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Recommended Suppliers Thread, www.novatech.co.uk in Purchasing and Trading; Hi, I've been mentioning www.novatech.co.uk in a few of my other posts. Here's the contact details for Gary Hogg who ...
    Thank Post

www.novatech.co.uk

Hi,

I've been mentioning www.novatech.co.uk in a few of my other posts.

Here's the contact details for Gary Hogg who is the Education Account Manager. Direct Tel. Line :- 02392 322535

Great service and delivery times. They even custom build PC's if you order 5 or more.

Give them a try... They also supply 15" & 17" TFT glass fronted displays.

5 stars.

Thank Post

Re: www.novatech.co.uk

I have read bad things of Novatech. Generic parts etc. I hear that the motheboards are bought in bulk and when they run out of them it can be hard to replace if they fail under warranty.

www.evesham.com offer the same for a little more but have a much better reputation.

Thank Post

Well, as you know, PC specifications and components change quicker than the speed of light.

You will find that all major builders buy parts in bulk. This makes them cheaper to purchase in the first place and the savings is handed down to the consumer.

Parts do become out of stock and out of production, but there is always an alternative. I don't know of any supplier to keep hundreds of spares in their stores just in case someones motherboard fails, its not practical of cost efficient.

Generic parts are good. It means that it's easy to replace. We've been stung by Elonex over this on their Pro-Sentia 1000 range. Looks good on paper and have a small size but why am I paying £45 for a tiny PSU that only they use (5 so far). Same as their MoBo's for the Pro-Sentia's (I've got to contact them and find out the price for those yet!). The machines are badly designed and all parts apart from the floppy dirve, cd-rom and HDD are non-standard. It makes my job 10x harder trying to source parts. In the end its Elonex parts or nothing. If these machines where from NovaTech in the first place and the same happened I could of then shopped around and found decent replacement PSU's or MoBo's at a part of the cost.

Generic parts give you more suppliers to deal with and use against each other.

I've not had a bad PC from NovaTech yet and that's including a Server.

I'm very fussy when it comes to PC's. I hate refurbished equipment that suppliers sell to me as new. I've been in the PC system building trade for well over 10 years now and know a refurbished unit when I see one, and I find it un-acceptable that they try and fob the customer off with these 2nd hand units.

NovaTech don't send me out refurbished. I know they've been built in their factory to my specifications and the build quality is superb. The cables are neatly tied out of the way and everything just seems very professional.

Unfortunately I've heard the same about Evesham a while ago and that's why I never even look at them as a supplier. Mud seems to stick more in the IT world.

This is just my view though and I will defend NovaTech until something goes wrong for me which is not resolved to my satisfaction and within a reasonable time frame.

Thank Post

lol dont mention Evesham - I know a firm that uses them only, and the crap they've had with problem orders, things not being sent, specifically asked for items being wrong, etc etc etc. They have a proper account with them too and put alot of money there way so it dont bode really does it?

Novatech I've had dealings with in the past and there stuff has been good, but they do tend to use un-heard of motherboards (maybe not all the time - I havent bought much stuff through them really) in the system they *have* built - which for me is a big no no. Nothing worse than no support for that - being the heart of the machine.

We had a novatech machine that lasted a good 5 years (1G Athlon I think) but for some reason, just wouldnt install windows when I came to wipe it. Motherboard given up the ghost i think.

But they are very good - and the glass TFT's I'd be interested in simon in the future (do they last tho?)

Regards
    Nath

Thank Post

I have dealt with Novatech in my previous job and they were excellent.
    Fast service, very helpful and great with returned goods, can be a bitch to get them on the phone sometimes.

GT

Thank Post

The glass screens seem to be working great at the moment. It's only just the start of term here though.

The phone problem I've not had yet, I deal with Gary Hogg who seems to be on the ball all the time. Always contacting me to make sure I can take delivery and always promptly returns e-mails if I can' get him on the phone, which is usually at lunch time.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts

Have to say I use Novatech for a lot of things we bought 32 laptops from them and even though kids pulling keys off is not covered under the warranty novatech have been replacing the keyboards without charging us.

My account manager is Michael Foy and he has been excellent. If I email him a query he normally rings me back rather than just emailing me back and he has my mobile number to contact me.

I also use Inmac as well just bought 30 NEC machines from them account manager there is Nicola King and I hope she stays for a long time as she has been excellent.

We will never never never be using Misco as a supplier ever again and when I get time I'll post why in the other section.

Cheers,

Ben

Thank Post

I am are about 4 miles from novatech and spend around 100k a year on all types of ict equipment. We changed as the service was crap they would not even deliver to us we had to collect. I changed to dabs.com and have had no problems at all, I had a call from novatech asking me how they could et our business back and I gave them the chance to quote on 5 interactives with projectors, they took 3 weeks to get back to me with a price by which time I had bought had delivered and installed.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts

I'm sure they would have delivered to you but it would have been at cost via the courier they use. They have a local one they do use.

It's not like they run their own vehicles though.

Ben

Thank Post

We use novatech for most of our printers and bits and pieces.

But we buy all our PC's from www.task-it.co.uk .
    We have over 90 machines all with 3 years cover and have had no problems at all.

Thank Post

I recommend novatech, just for the fact that they let me play on their xbox 360 a few times at the bett show Thanks guys!

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabeaver
    Hi,

I've been mentioning www.novatech.co.uk in a few of my other posts.

Here's the contact details for Gary Hogg who is the Education Account Manager. Direct Tel. Line :- 02392 322535

Great service and delivery times. They even custom build PC's if you order 5 or more.

Give them a try... They also supply 15" & 17" TFT glass fronted displays.

5 stars.
    They aregreat,. Iplaced an order,and arrived within a couple of days. didnt needto speak to customer service. This company has got it right

Thank Post

Just an update. The Glass Front Monitors are working exceptionally well. The team at Novatech no have MSN working, so you can contact them without phoning them etc. I'm still getting the curtesy calls as well.

So far 10/10 rating still, and none of the 150 or so PC's have failed.

Thank Post

Used them but only to buy stuff for personal/home use. Always found them to be good.

Thank Post

Not found them too hot for work use - they seemed to take ages to get some basic items like blank CD-Rs and floppy disks to us as part of a bigger delivery.

Have always used them for home use, as they have the biggest selection in the area and the choices of components have improved a lot over the years - especially the selection of motherboards, as for personal use, I'm a big fan of Asus boards. I also use them on behalf of customers when I do a bit of private It support work as a sideline.

Prices are pretty decent as well - not much in it between them and other online stores, plus they are local for returns if need be.

Not great for returning stuff - long queues and they sometimes can hold onto things for quite a while - this is all according to friends, as I've never personally had a problem.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information