+ Post New Thread
Recommended Suppliers Thread, Net-Ctrl Needs Some EduGeek Testers in Purchasing and Trading; ...
    Thank Post

Net-Ctrl Needs Some EduGeek Testers

Net-Ctrl is in need of some EduGeek Testers to trial a new security solution suite from Kaspersky lab and in exchange for some feedback we will give you £25 worth of vouchers for a store of your choice.

Net-Ctrl has recently added the Kaspersky Lab Endpoint Security Suite to our security solution portfolio. A single solution all under a ‘single pane of glass’ including a new market leading mobile device management, systems management, Encryption, endpoint security and more.

What we would like is to have some of the EduGeek community take a 2 week trial of the solution that will cover 100 endpoints and provide feedback on how you found it; in exchange we will give you £25 worth of vouchers for a store of your choice.

The feedback you give can be good or bad we would really appreciate your honest opinion, what we really want to see is how this solution fits into education, how it performs, how you rate it against the competition and is it something you could see being adopted at your School/College/University.

Please click here for more details about Kaspersky and how to claim your £25 voucher, there is also a short registration form to fill in if you’re interested in participating. Once completed we will send you an email containing the trial and product key as well as some instructions to get you going.

Any questions please ask on here or send a PM and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Please note you will need 100+ endpoints devices in your environment to be eligible for the trial.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Will this be Sept as this time of year won't be great for decent feedback if the solution needs to be used by the end users?

Ben

Thank Post
    Hello, the end-user for this trial would really be the network manager/administrator, so we're looking at getting some feedback over the coming weeks.

The trial will allow you to view the network security elements, and it won't require student engagement to test.

We had thought this time of year would be a good time to test of a new solution, if that's not the case please let me know and we can look into it

Thank Post
    Morning all,

Thank you to those of you who have sent a PM over the last few days, hopefully I have answered all your questions sufficiently, if not please do let me know.

We will be keeping this going for a while, ideally we would like at least 10 testers to use the trial and let us know what they think. It will really help us understand how this solution fits into education and how it performs. As a tester it will allow you to use a new solution on the market that we really like the look of, and one that could save you money whilst delivering a better service.

Thank Post
    I just wanted to put a quick note to say this will be an on-going activity/promotion. Vouchers will be given to the first 10 people who test and review the solution for us.

Thank Post
    hello all,

I just wanted to give this a little bump to see if there is anyone that would like to test the Kaspersky endpoint solution?

Any questions please fire away!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I will give it a shot. Have a network which i can test on (300 machines good enough to test on?)

Just an fyi...work email addy is filtered for everything but official suppliers so using my personal one.
    Last edited by nephilim; 31st October 2013 at 12:02 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi @nephilim thank you

300 sounds like a great test.

We are really interested in getting some feedback from users it's a new solution to Net-Ctrl, but we really like the look of it, so we're looking forward to hearing everyone's likes and dislikes, as are Kaspersky.

If you could PM me your name, company and email I will get the ball rolling. Once you have the solution, if you're able to provide some feedback (good or bad) on here, i can get the vouchers out to you. Thanks again.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorted it with Josh. Will trial 84 machines I have access to from here. I will provide feedback as and when

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The company I helped with this test were positive about the results.

Day 1 - after initial install on a test machine it found the companies bespoke software to be a virus. Once it was added to the exception list it was fine.

Day 4 - first threat found. A customer sent in a USB Stick for the company to rectify some data, the USB Stick had a virus on there. It got rid of it and was quick at doing so.

Day 14 - network admin is impressed with overall performance as it was better than the business version of Avg that they were using.

Overall the software was smooth sailing once installed. My advice would be to set up your exception list on the aerver and distribute to each machine after install. I would also say its worth trialling at the very least because it is a good bit of aoftware.

Thank Post
    Thanks @nephilim , that’s great.

I’m really glad you found the platform useful and most importantly that it protected your system.

Let me know where you would like your vouchers for and I will get them sorted asap

This is still open to anyone else that would like to trial the Kaspersky lab solution. Provide some feedback on your experience and get £25 vouchers in exchange. Any questions please feel free to PM me.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Amazon please.

Thank Post
    Hi @nephilim apologies for the delay, your voucher should be on its way to your email account now, estimated delivery is 15 minutes

Any problems, please let me know!

Thanks again for taking the trial

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread