RasPi: Publications Thread, Raspberry Pi Running VMware View Open Client in RasPi: Share; Just manged to get this running and thought I would share the steps incase anybody else would like to have ...
21st June 2012, 09:47 PM #1
Raspberry Pi Running VMware View Open Client
Just manged to get this running and thought I would share the steps incase anybody else would like to have a go!!
1. Download the Magnum Project (as mentioned here from Skydrive here and extract the folder.
2. Download Win32DiskImager from here and install.
3. use Win32Diskimager to install the .img file to your SD card.
4. Boot your SD card in your Raspberry PI
(Extracts below from readme file)
5. Login as pi (password is raspberry)
6. switch to superuser with sudo -s
7. use joe or vi to edit /root/.xinitrc
8. change the --ServerURL and --domainName then save the file
9. use joe or vi to edit /boot/cmdline.txt
10. Change the 3 at the end of the line to 5, this will start the GUI automatically at boot
11. restart the Pi, (halt, reboot, shutdown -r, etc.)
12. Hit Connect
4 Thanks to glennda:
CthulhuFhtagn (4th December 2012), dhicks (22nd June 2012), plexer (21st June 2012), RobFuller (29th July 2012)
IDG Tech News
4th December 2012, 06:08 PM #2
I cannot get the download, it seems to be expired. Is there any way you can upload it somewhere else?
4th December 2012, 06:30 PM #3
just replied to your PM. I didn't upload it in the first place. Try this link Raspberry Pi • View topic - Vmware View Open Client and contact them or the twitter name mentioned in the PM.
Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn
By Millsy79 in forum Network and Classroom Management
Last Post: 27th March 2012, 04:52 PM
By Turbo-FB in forum RasPi: Services
Last Post: 19th January 2012, 01:58 AM
By isjin1 in forum Thin Client and Virtual Machines
Last Post: 26th September 2011, 02:23 PM
By DLW13 in forum Thin Client and Virtual Machines
Last Post: 3rd May 2011, 03:06 PM
By kamikaze in forum Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
Last Post: 7th May 2010, 02:24 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)