+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, No display on IWB in Direct Support; Towards the end of last week the display on a teachers IWB stopped. I have checked all cables. Check 'clone' ...

Thank Post

Unhappy No display on IWB

Towards the end of last week the display on a teachers IWB stopped. I have checked all cables. Check 'clone' on display settings. Used Funtion F3 several times. I have connected her laptop to a different IWB where a display shows using her laptop. I have connected a different laptop to her IWB which also works. I have run out of ideas. Any answers please?

Thank Post
    Hi,

Theres quite a few things that may be causing this - with the main ones being that it may be a projector setting, or faukt in the cabling.

If you can, could you connect the laptop directly to the back of the projector and see if the image then shows? - If it does, then it would indicate an issue with the wallbox / face plate that you are connecting the laptop to.

If it doesn't, then it may well be a setting on the projector - and to be honest, you would probably be best contacting the Support team from in front of the system so they could talk you through the different settings.

The telephone numbers are here if you need them.

Hope this helps.

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    I'd definately try plugging cable definately direct into the projector from the Laptop.

I add, a known working cable.

Thank Post
    Thank you for the info. However if there is a fault with the projector or cabling, why do other laptops work on this projector? I have tried this laptop on another board & I could get the display up, so I think there is something wrong with the graphics on the laptop.

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    Try re-installing the graphics drivers.

Thank Post
    It could be that the vga output from this laptop is lower than the others and it works on other projectors that have good cabling. A dry solder joint could be the cause. I had to reflow the solder on an IWB base plate because of the poor soldering.

Get the stepladder out and plug the laptop straight into the projector as others have suggested. It will prove the cabling one way or the other.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,463 Posts
    To be honest if other laptops wor on this projector then you've proved it not to be a promethean board or projector issue allready.

Ben

Thank Post
    I've got a very similar problem as we've recently given teachers laptops to use in classrooms. One teacher couldn't get their laptop to output to the projector. I tried all the usual ideas, source input, laptop key combination nothing worked. As we shut the laptop down it started outputting corrupted graphics but it looked like it was trying to display something. I then got my identical model laptop out, connected and it was fine. I tried reinstalling the graphics driver and rebooting the troubled laptop but still this refused to work, although it can be taken to another room, same model projector and it works. It almost defies logic?? can anyone throw anything into the mix? usually this model of laptop will automatically change the resolution upon VGA connection to match the projector, so it's like the detection of the projectors resolution isn't being reported correctly, but then why would my laptop work?

Thank Post
    Mrs Enjay had this on her school laptop (pink screen when she used it, other PCs were fine and she was fine on other projectors) - turned out to be a dodgy VGA output on the laptop.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread