+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, SMART board files to be used on Promethean in Direct Support; How do I save SMART files so they can be used on Promethean? How do I convert SMART files so ...

Thank Post

SMART board files to be used on Promethean

How do I save SMART files so they can be used on Promethean?

How do I convert SMART files so that they can be used on Promethean?

Thank Post
    Open ActivInspire - File - Import - SmartNotebook File V8 - V10

No idea how well it works because I've never used it!

Thank Post
    I think (please do check this, however!) that Smart have lifted the restriction preventing you from using it on competing hardware, so if I'm right, you could put Notebook on the PC as well as ActivInspire.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    I think (please do check this, however!) that Smart have lifted the restriction preventing you from using it on competing hardware, so if I'm right, you could put Notebook on the PC as well as ActivInspire.
    On their download page it says you need to have smart hardware to obtain the activation key for the notebook software so if you used the software on a promethean board it wouldn't be licenced.

"To get SMART software product keys

SMART Notebook
    Register your eligible SMART hardware product.
    (SMART Board interactive whiteboard, SMART Board for flat-panel displays interactive whiteboard, SMART Podium interactive pen display, SMART Response interactive response system, SMART Document Camera, SMART Slate wireless slate, SMART Table interactive learning center or LightRaise interactive projector). "
    Last edited by ToyHeartsFan; 11th June 2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: why did I spell it like an american?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyHeartsFan View Post
    On their download page it says you need to have smart hardware to obtain the activation key for the notebook software so if you used the software on a promethean board it wouldn't be licensed.
    So long as you had a Smartboard somewhere in school, you could register the software using that and then use it on a Promethean. I think.

Thank Post
    So long as you had a Smartboard somewhere in school, you could register the software using that and then use it on a Promethean. I think.
    Its been some time since I worked at a School that used SMART but it never used to be like that. With Promethean its one licence per board they let you install it on other PCs as long as they arent connected to projectors / other peoples IWBs so you can use them to create lessons on Teacher laptops etc (unless they have changed it again).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyHeartsFan View Post
    Its been some time since I worked at a School that used SMART but it never used to be like that. With Promethean its one licence per board they let you install it on other PCs as long as they arent connected to projectors / other peoples IWBs so you can use them to create lessons on Teacher laptops etc (unless they have changed it again).
    Not sure. We only have Smartboards, so it isn't something I've looked at. My focus recently has actually been the other way, as we might be about to get some Promethean in, so I'm checking if/how I can use that software elsewhere!

Thank Post
    Not sure. We only have Smartboards, so it isn't something I've looked at. My focus recently has actually been the other way, as we might be about to get some Promethean in, so I'm checking if/how I can use that software elsewhere!
    Why are you getting Promethians, I would try to keep to a standard?

If you're concerned a them getting damaged have a look at the newer 400 & 800 series boards, they don't have the soft surface (although are still probably less robust then Promethian's range of interactive riot shields).

You can also export you smartnotebook files as power point presentations.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C.Leblanc View Post
    Why are you getting Promethians, I would try to keep to a standard?
    A new Head of Department has lots of resources in Promethean and has requested one. I do try to keep standard where possible, however this isn't an unreasonable request, so we're looking for the best way to accommodate him (hence me looking at a Promethean Pro licence so they can use ActivInspire on the Smartboard that is already in their classroom).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread