+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, activ studio to activ inspire licencing question in Direct Support; currently we have 28 boards and run activ studio 2 on windows xp over the summer we are upgrading to ...
    Thank Post

activ studio to activ inspire licencing question

currently we have 28 boards and run activ studio 2 on windows xp

over the summer we are upgrading to windows 7

i have been told that we can upgrade to activ inspire for free but i only have 8 copys (we did have 28) of the origional activ studio 2 (support tell me that one licence will do for 2 machines) so i have 16 covered but need some more licences (we had the discs but got rid of them years ago due to space constraints as activstudio only needed the one licence am i going to get charged for the rest that i need or will promethean understand and le me have some licences as we have the boards.

how do you guys go about licencing activ inspire does it check online etc

Thank Post
    Hello,

If you have Promethean boards which were supplied with ActivStudio, you are covered to upgrade to ActivInspire Pro for every board that you have.

Don't worry too much about the physical copies of Studio.

So for example, if you have 28 boards, that entitles you to upgrade from Studio to Inspire on 28 x PC's that will be connected to those boards (as all of those boards will have been supplied with a copy of Studio).

You can also install Inspire Pro on 28 other computers that will not be used when the board is in use - i.e for preperation use.

Hope this helps!

3. 2 Thanks to cmssbrie:

Chris_ (28th April 2012), round2it (27th April 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cmssbrie View Post
    Hello,

If you have Promethean boards which were supplied with ActivStudio, you are covered to upgrade to ActivInspire Pro for every board that you have.

Don't worry too much about the physical copies of Studio.

So for example, if you have 28 boards, that entitles you to upgrade from Studio to Inspire on 28 x PC's that will be connected to those boards (as all of those boards will have been supplied with a copy of Studio).

You can also install Inspire Pro on 28 other computers that will not be used when the board is in use - i.e for preperation use.

Hope this helps!
    This is conflicting info from what tech support told me today the guy said I have to buy the licences if I didn't have a serial as I have only 8 copies with serial numbers now.

Do you have a contact that I can ring so I can get the correct licensing sorted for our 28 boards.

Really appreciate the reply.

Rep added

Thank Post
    Hi,

The support team should be able to clarify this - I can only think that they may have misunderstood, and just thought that you only had 8 x copies of Studio. if you tell them that you have 28 boards - and have a list of the 28 serial numbers, they should be able to help.

They must be Promethean boards though - not TDS / Presenta, as these were not provided with Studio.

There is also a feature on the Inspire download page where you can input the serial number of your board - give this a try first, and if it doesn't work, contact Support with a list of the 28 x board serial numbers that were provided with Activstudio, and advise them that you are trying to obtain the activation codes for Studio - hopefully they will then be able to resolve.

hope this helps!

Thank Post
    Just an additional question to this guys.. our active studio software box has a serial number for the software but no username to go with the organisation? any ideas what the usernames tend to be and why I wouldn't have one? HELP haha! cheers

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Username for what? prometheanplanet?

Just register if you don't have one allready.

Ben

Thank Post
    No when you install active inspire it asks for username - organisation and then serial number. It doesn't matter I have just sussed it. If you put your serial number in on the Promethean website they then give you a new serial number for the software.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Ok as you've said yes all yuo need is the new serial number for activeinspire that you get when you put the old studio serial into prometheanplanet, user & organisation can be anything.

Once you've downloaded activinspire you can use the tools it provides to create a network installable copy that has all the details pre-populated.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread