+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, Activ Primary 3 issue in Direct Support; I have a laptop with Activ Primary 3 (with AP2 resources) installed as on every other laptop in the school. ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,317 Times in 1,630 Posts

Activ Primary 3 issue

I have a laptop with Activ Primary 3 (with AP2 resources) installed as on every other laptop in the school. The teacher cannot access the grids and backgrounds - they are just blank with NO error messages of any kind.
    f I log on as admin and try to access the same things I got the message that the computer cannot access C:/users/public/documents/Activ Software/ Activ Primary 2/Shared grids (or whatever). Not sure why it is looking in AP2 when it is definitely AP3 that I am running.
    In the users folder is both AP2 and AP3 so I copied the shared folders from Activ Primary 3 to Active Primary 2 in the above location (so both folders have all the same files) and then it worked for the administrator.
    However, when the teacher logs on she still cannot see them. If she actually goes to the above location and finds the grids etc, they work, but the program isnt finding them itself - even though when logged on as admin the above location is definitely where the program is looking, so I would have thought that the program would look at the same place for a teacher.
    Permissions are set to allow everyone to do everything on both the Activ folder under Program Files, and the users file named above.
    What can I do? Can I point the program at the right place?
    thanks

Thank Post
    Hi There,

Yeah - you can specify where to look for the personal and shared resources by using an admin.ini file.

Create a new text document, and call it admin.ini and place into the Primary program directory.

It should look something like this:

[General]

3=C:\My Documents\Primary 2
    4=\\Shared Resources path

There is an article on PrometheanKB.com which will hopefully help - please search for article 10230

Hope this helps!

3. Thanks to cmssbrie from:

witch (20th March 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread