+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, Replacement part for Promethean board? in Direct Support; Hi Promethean people, We have just had a board reported that has issues with the pen to board sync. The ...
    Thank Post

Replacement part for Promethean board?

Hi Promethean people,

We have just had a board reported that has issues with the pen to board sync. The cursor seems to want to stick to the top line of the board. Attempting to touch the pen on the board makes it flick randomly around the board before moving the cursor to the top again when you take the pen back off. I've tried calibrating several times, but this has no effect on the problem. I am pretty certain we have no warranty on this board so I attempted to solve the problem myself. Doing a swap test back and forth on a working board it seems the problem is with a small control board located in the top left hand corner of the board on the back. Now, is it possible to purchase a replacement board that we can replace ourselves? There are various numbers on the board as follows:

525206105-09A
    M 94VO 0546

Hopefully this signifies the part I'm looking for. Can anyone please help or advise?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zourous View Post
    Hi Promethean people,

We have just had a board reported that has issues with the pen to board sync. The cursor seems to want to stick to the top line of the board. Attempting to touch the pen on the board makes it flick randomly around the board before moving the cursor to the top again when you take the pen back off. I've tried calibrating several times, but this has no effect on the problem. I am pretty certain we have no warranty on this board so I attempted to solve the problem myself. Doing a swap test back and forth on a working board it seems the problem is with a small control board located in the top left hand corner of the board on the back. Now, is it possible to purchase a replacement board that we can replace ourselves? There are various numbers on the board as follows:

525206105-09A
    M 94VO 0546

Hopefully this signifies the part I'm looking for. Can anyone please help or advise?
    Hi,

The best thing for you to do is contact our technical support department using the Promethean Kb form here
    If you can include the product code and serial number of your ActivBoard then one of our agents will be able to inform you of the warranty status and if out of warranty will be able to advise further.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread