+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, New board not working in Direct Support; We just had a new board installed, installed the software and drivers numerous times now i get the cotrol panel ...

Thank Post

New board not working

We just had a new board installed, installed the software and drivers numerous times now i get the cotrol panel thingy in tray but it ha a red cross in it. and the computer is not picking up the board at all.???

Im starting to think the baord is not powered up properly but as its a fixed board and flush to the wall i cant tell. If i turn the plugs off and back on should there be any noise/ flashing lights ect to let me know that the board has power??

TIA

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattDLEA View Post
    If i turn the plugs off and back on should there be any noise/ flashing lights ect to let me know that the board has power??
    I think that maybe depends on the model of the board but usually yes. What's probably wrong is that the driver for the board has already been picked up as a Human Interface Device. Open up device manager and update the driver to the one off tthe installation disc and everything should be fine after that.

Thank Post
    Hi,

It depends on the model of board. The older generation did make a "beeping" sound when you plugged them in, but the newer models do not. That said, all generations should have some kind of "light" in the top left hand corner if the board is powered.

Might be best if you give our support team a call from near to the board, and they would be able to help you resolve the issue. Alternatively, you could contact them via the contact form on the KB here

Thank Post
    Just to test it hope this is correct. I have moved a computer that has avtivprimary 3 and the latest drivers which connects fine to our older boards and conected this to the new board, it too couldn't find the hardware?
    Where is this light that should be on when powered?

Thank Post
    Hi,

The light is in the top left hand corner of the surface of the board - it should either be lit "white" or you will have a black oval which should have a blue steady light and a red flashing one.

It sounds as if there may be a cabling / power issue to be honest, if the "working" PC failed to detect anything.

Like I mention, you might be best getting in touch with our tech support team who would be able to advise whilst in front of the system.

Hope this helps.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread