+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, ActiView Software Compatibility in Direct Support; Hi there I was wondering if anyone could advise me ActiView compatibility. A school we work for has purchased some ...

Thank Post

ActiView Software Compatibility

Hi there I was wondering if anyone could advise me ActiView compatibility.

A school we work for has purchased some ActiView units but I just want to check they're suitable before opening them.

At the moment the PCs are running ActivPrimary, the ones I've checked are on V3. Upon looking at the Promethean website is says it "works with all ActivBoards (using ActivInspire)".

Does this mean the units will be incompatible? Also if needed could I download ActivInspire using the boards serial numbers? They look quite old, they're orange frames and projectors.

Sorry if any of these seems like silly questions, I've never used ActiViews before and there's surprisingly little information available online.

Thank Post
    Hi George,

The ActiViews will work as standalone units (that is, upon installation of the driver/software there is an interface panel that enables the user to interact with the ActiView and perform things such as zooming an image capture) so no prerequisite to have ActivInspire installed.

The reason that our website talks about ActivInspire is because from with ActivInspire you have the option to "Insert from Scanner/Camera" which means you can select the ActiView device and manipulate it from within ActivInspire.

If you are not aware ActivInspire is our latest release of software which has both an ActivStudio and a ActivPrimary skin. If you have your current ActivBoard serial numbers or your ActivPrimary serial numbers you can upgrade to ActivInspire Professional Edition free of charge (before end September 2011)

Hope this helps, any questions just ask!

Thank Post
    Thanks for that, I installed them today without any problems, I was pleasently surprised by the quality of the image.

Regarding the upgrade where would I find the serial number on these boards? We didn't install them origionally and there's nothing left onsite, the product code on the top left is PRM-AB264-01 and here is a picture:
    #
    16062011753.jpg

Thank Post
    Hi,

On this model the serial number is on a small plastic tag that is located on the back of the board in the bottom left or right hand corner - it is held in place by the screw that holds the actual plastic corner piece in place.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread