+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, .flp files opening in Inspire then saved as .flipchart files in Direct Support; Dear all, I have noticed at our school, a huge increase in the amount that teachers are saving in their ...
    Thank Post

.flp files opening in Inspire then saved as .flipchart files

Dear all,

I have noticed at our school, a huge increase in the amount that teachers are saving in their user drives. It took me a while to figure out why and i hope that someone can shed a little light on the subject.

When Activ-Inspire was released, we jumped into the upgrade and went for it. Teachers loved it and that was all well and good. However, when Inspire opens a .flp file, it obviously cannot write back to it, so it creates a .flipchart file instead.

Great news it seems, but no. It increases the files sixe by a huge amount. Thus using up a lot more space. I read that .flp files were in a compressed state, and .flipchart files are not.

Is there anyway of compressing these new .flipchart files? so i can get some drive space back?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Thank Post
    Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, no, there is no way to compress Inspire flipcharts inside the software / automatically.

The reason for the size increase is purely because of the way the software now opens / reads files - it was completely re - developed from ActivStudio / Primary.

To be honest though, unless the flipcharts contain 100's of graphics or large sized vidoes. there shouldn;t be a great increas in the size compared to .flp files.

Might be worth getting in touch with our Tech Support guys, and sending one of the said .flp files so they can advise why the huge increase in file size?

Thank Post
    Thanks for that, i did send a file over last year, however no-one ever replied which i was disappointed with. Its only surfaced again recently.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread