+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, Pen not writing properly in Direct Support; Hi, On one of our new board the pen is calibrated and works, although when using it produces gaps in ...
    Thank Post

Pen not writing properly

Hi,

On one of our new board the pen is calibrated and works, although when using it produces gaps in the writing (line). We've tried a different pen and the staff member has tried to push hard on the board but to no avail.

I can get a picture if need be.

Thank Post
    Is this a promethean? And does the rest of the software work correctly with eveything else(is it just writing that is affected)? If you can, get hold of a laptop and try the board with a different machine connected to it to identify if the problem is with the board/pen or the software.

Make sure you have the latest software version and drivers and if the problem persists you probably have a problem with the board.

Thank Post
    It is a promethean, yes, is the newest board with newest software and drivers. I will try a different laptop when I have the chance.

Thank Post
    Hi,

Good point about trying another machine as suggested above - if you are still experiencing issues once you have tried this I have a couple of questions/suggestions for you.

First up has this ActivBoard ever worked since installation or has it always had this issue?

If you take the pen, open ActivInspire, select the pen tool and then draw several horizontal lines from left to right are the gaps always in the same place ie if you draw over the gaps again do the gaps remain? You can also try doing the same with a vertical line.

Thank Post
    After trying with a different computer it works fine so it is indeed the laptop and not the board.

Thank Post
    My advice would be to contact our Technical Support department who should be able to advise further 0844 855 2201

Check that you have the latest driver installed by visiting ActivDriver & Firmware Upgrades - Promethean Planet

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread