+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, Activprimary can't find Prometheon board in Direct Support; Hi I've just installed 12 new pc's onto an RM CC4 network connected to Prometheon Whiteboards. I've deployed the drivers ...

Thank Post

Activprimary can't find Prometheon board

Hi
    I've just installed 12 new pc's onto an RM CC4 network connected to Prometheon Whiteboards. I've deployed the drivers and software and 9 out of the 12 computers work fine, the other 3 work interactively but Activprimary says that it needs to be connected to a Prometheon board when it is. I've swopped a working PC with one that doesn't work and I get the same result, therefore it must be something wrong with the board.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Tony

Thank Post
    Hi there,

If you have interaction, the only thing I can think is that the board may be a TDS / Presenta board. If the firmware version (found in the ActivManager icon in the system tray / Control Panel) is version Txxx as appose to Vxxx, it is a TDS or Presenta board.

Whilst these were manufactured by ourselves, they were intended for the corperate market, and so ActivStudio / ActivPrimary wasn't the software that was provided with these boards.

Hope this explains perhaps why you have interaction, but Primary is giving you that message!

If you still have trouble, you might be best calling our support team on 0844 855 2201 they would be able to clarify what board you have from the board serial number.

Thank Post
    As a data point ActivStudio (and standard drivers) talk fine to TDS boards from ~2004 or thereabouts (we have a few), but I've never used ActivPrimary with them,

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    As a data point ActivStudio (and standard drivers) talk fine to TDS boards from ~2004 or thereabouts (we have a few), but I've never used ActivPrimary with them,
    Thats right they certainly do - and all of the latest ones should work as well - the only difference with these model of boards is that the software license is a little different - these were supplied with software called ActivPX (or Boardmate if really really old :-)), which has the same basic functions as Studio / Primary, but no real 'education' content in terms of resources and the like, as they were intended for the corperate market.

Thank Post
    Thanks guys thats really helpfull, I'll check when I go back into school.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread