+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, Important information about Software Support in Direct Support; ...

Thank Post

Exclamation Important information about Software Support

Important information about Software Support

Promethean constantly strives to provide its customers with the best possible products to support the challenges they encounter in today’s educational arena.

A key component of this process is the withdrawal of older products that no longer meet customer requirements.

Promethean would therefore like to inform you that support for ActivPrimary, ActivStudio and ActivInspire 1.0 – 1.3 software will be discontinued as of December 31, 2011.

Because you are a high-valued and loyal user of Promethean technology, Promethean is providing users on these versions, the opportunity to upgrade to the latest version of ActivInspire for FREE. Simply upgrade your software to the latest release of ActivInspire today by visiting Promethean Planet support. Please note that you will be able to download the latest version of ActivInspire for free until September 30 2012.

ActivInspire provides users with a range of benefits not currently available within ActivStudio and ActivPrimary:

* ActivInspire is the ‘power behind the ActivClassroom and unlocks Prometheans entire range of hardware products, enabling greater pupil interaction.

* Available in 36 languages,

* Enables all existing premium and free educational content to be utilised.

* Offers the opportunity for users to utilize the vast array of Publisher Created Resource e.g. flipcharts. Within ActivInspire the number of Publisher Created Resources is significantly greater than those available with ActivStudio or ActivPrimary.

Find out more information about ActivInspire and download ActivInspire.
    Last edited by TRobinson; 12th October 2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Update

2. 2 Thanks to TRobinson:

joe90bass (14th July 2010), marlwoodadmin (19th April 2012)

Thank Post
    This is very helpful. We had several old promethean boards replaced about 3 years ago, but since we had no software (or anything!) with them, we continued using the activ primary 3 which was installed for the old boards. Now we are replacing the old pcs with win7 laptops, we need to install some iwb software and this looks like a good possibility. However, following the link to support.prometheanplanet.com gets a page which asks for our serial number. when i put it in, it always says invalid. I had assumed that the abv380pro board is a "type 300" board, but am I wrong? If I am, is there any software available for the 380 board?
    btw the contact technical support form appears to be temporarily out of order - it lets you fill in the form, but nothing happens when you finish.

Thank Post
    Hello,

You will need to contact the support teams with the serial number of your board.

With regard to the KB form, please could you have a look at it now? - Please visit it through prometheanKB.com.

When you select your language, on the portal you enter, please click on an article or link, and then you should see "Contact Technical Support" at the top of the page.

Fill this form out, and click "Continue", you will then get some article suggestions, and if none are applicable, click on "Submit" at the bottom of the suggestions page.

Hope this helps!

Thank Post
    I am totally confused with the appropriate upgrade path for activstudio. I have 55 Promethean IWB on site (no other brand you will be pleased to here) which have been purchased over the last 10 years. As I understand it each board came with a disk with activstudio on it. Now, because some of these boards are nearly ten years old I have a whole collection of different activstudio versions (1.9; 2; 3). I thought that the newest version of the activstudio software could be used regardless of the age (essentially a free upgrade).

I've been on PrometheanPlanet and entered the serial numbers on the cd cases for the software to upgrade to activinspire. However even if i use different software serial numbers i keep getting the same new activinspire serial number being emailed to me.
    Does that mean that there is no point in entering all the serial numbers i have on the cd cases?
    Can i just download one version of activinspire and deploy it across the network to all the PCs?
    What licensing evidence do i need to prove that i can use activstudio/activinspire? Will the IWB themselves be evidence?

Thanks for your help

Thank Post
    Hello,

Yes - if you have a board, that board is entitled to Inspire Pro as an upgrade.

Your easiest option would be to contact the support team, give them a serial number of one of your boards (if it is not working on Planet), and they will then be able to give you a serial number for Inspire.

You can then deploy that copy of Inspire to all of the computers that are using the boards.

Hope this helps!

Thank Post
    thanks. I'll contact them now.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,706 Times in 1,519 Posts
    Are all versions of ActivStudio now defunct and not supported?

Ben

Thank Post
    Hi,

Yep - thats correct - the software is now no longer supported - however, you can still upgrade to ActivInspire for free.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,706 Times in 1,519 Posts
    That's fine we have the upgrade in place allready I just wanted to double check as that's my reason for moving current staff away from ActivStudio.

Thanks.

Ben

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread