+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, Replacement Projector in Direct Support; We have a Promethean installation of whiteboard and projector. The projector used is the Sanyo PLC-XE30 - This has now ...
    Jon
    Thank Post

Replacement Projector

We have a Promethean installation of whiteboard and projector. The projector used is the Sanyo PLC-XE30 - This has now unfortunatley died!!

The bracket that was used at installation for mounting the projector appears to be a bespoke fitting for the XE30 projector.

as the XE30 is no longer available What projectors can I use to replace the faulty one with? or is there a bracket available that will fit my existing promethean pole to allow another projector to be used.

Thank Post
    Hi,

We now only supply Short Throw projectors, and so these wouldn't be suitable to go on the same pole, as the throw distance would be miles different!

I think the best reccomendation would be to speak to your local reseller. To my knowledge, the pole mounting kit was pretty much 'standard' (in that you could actually put more than one kind of mount / projector bracket on it), it was the 'projector bracket' that was the bespoke bit. So, you may find that if you ask your reseller for a suitable replacement, they should be able to also provide you with a projector bracket for that particular one.

Failing that, if you were happy with the XE30, you might be able to find a dealer that still supplies these, so that might be your best bet?

Hope this helps!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,821 Posts
    We have prometheans and just bought universal brackets and fitted lovely lovely filterless NECs. To make sure they work we had a supplier come in and check the compatibility with the pole etc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    We have prometheans and just bought universal brackets and fitted lovely lovely filterless NECs. To make sure they work we had a supplier come in and check the compatibility with the pole etc
    What model of NEC projector did you go for as I need to replace several this year. have been looking at the Casio range (ticks the eco/green boxes) but just not 100% convinced yet

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,821 Posts
    TBH probably the cheapest!
    They are good and if you have any problems, NEC come and TAKE THEM DOWN, take them away, mend them, bring them back and then PUT THEM BACK UP. Which is a boon to a lone tech like me

Thank Post
    When we bought the Casio LED projectors we bough some specific RM cases that go with them that fit the promethean poles perfectly. IDN supplied them for us, can dig out the contact if you would like?

Rich

Thank Post
    I am looking to get some casio projectors to fit the promethean poles. So if you could dig out the contact it would be good!

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denon101 View Post
    I am looking to get some casio projectors to fit the promethean poles. So if you could dig out the contact it would be good!

Thanks
    Just a heads up for you, unless your supplier has there hands on the Casio units, there isn't any stock in the UK channel at present and I have this from the 2 UK Casio distributors as I've got orders in for 3 Casios at present. The dates that I've got are mid August for the XJ-A130s and Sept for the A140s. I didn't enquire about the larger ones as those are the two I need.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by denon101 View Post
    It was Adam Cummins at IDNS. Telephone number is 01204 36 35 30 and the brackets were called "RA casio Entrapment" on the quote. Tell him I recommended you and I might get a discount next time

Rich

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread