+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, AP2 profile error in Direct Support; (Logged in as a teacher .man profile) Activ Primary 2 is installed locally to teacher latops, but I have had ...

Thank Post

AP2 profile error

(Logged in as a teacher .man profile) Activ Primary 2 is installed locally to teacher latops, but I have had 2 teachers report to me that the shortcut in Local Programs doesnt work;
    'Error: Problem obtaining valid path for application' and shuts it down.

(Logged in as my network id or local Home user) The program opens fine.

As a teacher, even if you browse the Program Files folder and locate the exe within it, it still won't run.

I have tried a repair and a reinstall, both having the same effect. Teachers are added to local admin group, and I have increases the 'Everyone' permissions to full access to the ActivPrimary2 folder and yet the problem still occurs.

There has been a NAS server added to the network, changing some of the save paths etc, but with it being a local install, will this affect the usabillity of it?

The attachment I have provided is the debug script, but I am not sure what to make of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Hi,

Looks like you have the earliest release of ActivPrimary 2 installed, we have since had ActivPrimary 3 and have now released our latest software called ActivInspire. You might want to look into upgrading as the there is so much more functionality now.

Anyway back to your issue - I have attached a screenshot of what the whole debug form should look like, mine is from 2.5 so you will see the multiple monitor log first - It would appear when I compare the 2 that yours is erroring when trying to obtain the local users my documents on the local machine - I suspect that this maybe because you are mapping them to a network location?

ActivPrimary 2 had to have access to the my documents locally. In our latest software you can defined where the local user my documents is located.

Hope this helps in resolving your issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. Thanks to TRobinson from:

the_one_that_cant (21st June 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanks for the quick reply.

If I were to upgrade to Active Inspire, would there be a site license available or would it be individual? Would there also be any sort of discount available to upgrade, rather than being new users?

Thank Post
    No Problem - if you have the serial number for your software then at present you are entitled to upgrade to ActivInspire Professional Edition for free.

This serial number file is located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Activ Software\ACTIVprimary2 if you cannot find the original cd.

Likewise if you have a Promethean ActivBoard you are entiled to ActivInspire Professional Edition.

Go here/ and select the download link for further details.

If you have any further questions the best bet is to give our Technical support department a ring 0844 855 2201

6. Thanks to TRobinson from:

the_one_that_cant (21st June 2010)

Thank Post
    Will have another look on Thursday when I am next in the school. Thanks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread