+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, Repairing an Activboard in Direct Support; We've got a 6 year old Activboard that spiking really badly. I've done the usual things like changed computer, changed ...
    Thank Post

Repairing an Activboard

We've got a 6 year old Activboard that spiking really badly. I've done the usual things like changed computer, changed driver, changed power supply and flashed the firmware but none of it has made any difference.

Is there anything else I can do? HT doesn't want to buy a new one if it can be fixed but what companies repair Activboards?

Thank Post
    Hi,

I think the best thing to do would be to give our tech support guys a call with the serial number of the board (phone no. is 0844 855 2201). To my knowledge you would be able to buy a new set of electronics for the board, but the main thing to point out is that these would come without any 'warranty' as such.

Spiking is nornally (not always) down to the electronics themselves - so you may be able rectify the problem yourself by getting some new ones, and replacing them. The problem with this though is that if this doesn't solve the issue, you would be stuck with a new set of electronics that you can't do a great deal with, and your board would still not function propperly.

If you have an 'old' board (same model) sat in a corner, not doing much, you could try 'swapping' the electronics from that board, and trying them in this one - this would at least let you pretty much guarentee if the fault lies with the electronics themselves or the actual board (if it's the latter, theres pretty much nothing you can do to resolve the issue I'm afraid), and let you determine if buying a new set would fix the issue.

Just one other thing as well - I'm sure you have tred it, but make sure you try another pen on the board first - it may just be that that has gone faulty?

But like I say, I think your best giving our tech support guys a call with the serial number - they'd be able to advise the different options availible.

Hope this helps!

Thank Post
    Hi

Does the board have a usb extender on it. I have had them get damaged and things half work or the cable.

Richard

Thank Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I'm in next week so I'll take the opportunity to swap the circuit board over from a working board if changing the lead doesn't help. Funny thing with this board is that it did start to spike a couple of years ago but then stopped. Maybe it doesn't like the hot weather

Thank Post
    On both occasions that this has happened to boards at my school it was definitely the firmware that was corrupted.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread