+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, Height of boom arm ActivBoard +2 300 series in Direct Support; Can anyone tell me how high the boom arm is on one of these units please? I need a solution ...
    Thank Post

Question Height of boom arm ActivBoard +2 300 series

Can anyone tell me how high the boom arm is on one of these units please?

I need a solution for a room with a low ceiling (2.37m max) and think this might do the job, I've looked at the specifcaiton pdfs on the promethean website, but this doesn't appear to give me the answer I need. It merely states a height of 1329mm, which I believe is only the board height.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi,

If you are looking to use the "Fixed" solution then you can determine the height at which you would like it mounted, simularily with the "Adjustable" there is a top limit switch so that the maximum height can be controlled - Your local reseller should be able to advise you further if needs be.

I have uploaded the fixed and adjustable specification sheets for you - in the adjustable one the minimum ceiling height in order to obtain the full adjustment is 2.68m but as I said you can limit this travel by adjusting the microswitch.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    Yes, as stated in my original post I have looked at the spec sheets but that doesn't give me the information that I want.

I understand that with the fixed solution I can determine the height at which the board is installed, however if the height of the boom from the board is 50cm and my ceiling is at 2.37m, then the top of the board will be at 1.87m, which means the bottom of the board would be at 0.55m, which would be too low. Hence my question (slightly reworded) what's the height of the boom from the board?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Think this is what you are after, looking at the technical drawing on Pg 6 of the Adjustable Specification Sheet the height to the top of the board is 2261mm and the height to the top of the boom is 2637mm giving a distance of 376mm from the top of the board to the top of the boom.

So that gives 2310mm (Your ceiling height) - 376mm (Board to boom height) - 1329mm (Height of our board) = 665mm

5. Thanks to TRobinson from:

mounters (14th May 2010)

Thank Post
    Yep that's the info I was after, I wasn't sure that the mesurements on the adjustable were all the same as with the fixed.

Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread