+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Promethean Direct Support Thread, ActivInspire Licensing in Direct Support; Just a quick question about staff home use rights if I can :- Previously ActivStudio could be made available to ...
    Thank Post
    Just a quick question about staff home use rights if I can :-

Previously ActivStudio could be made available to staff to install at home for perparatory work. We have about 30 Promethean ActivBoards installed at our school all of which came with copies of ActivStudio.

Are we entitled to give each staff member with a board a copy of ActivInspire Professional (+ a licence key) to install at home as before?

Thank Post
    Hi there,

Yes, that is correct - "Installation of the Software
    for use in preparatory work only, on one other computer is permitted"

Hope that helps :-)

Thank Post
    Hi

I realise this thread is quite old now but would value an answer to a couple of related questions:

[1] I work at a PFI school built in 2005 that purchased quite a large number of ACTIVStudio2 Pro licences (probably enough for each classroom) together with ACTIVSlates and ACTIVHubs - are these licences upgradebale to ACTIVInspire Pro? Your website only seems to accept Pro 3 licence codes as part of the ACTIVInspire Pro download

[2] We have a mixture of Promethean and SMART products across the site, if we need to purchase additional licences for non-Promethean classrooms it may well be prudent to purchase a site licence - is this available, how many nodes would it cover and how much could we expect to pay?

[3] We recently installed ACTIVInspire Pro and were supprised to find that resources created by our teachers on previous versions (using Blockbusters etc) were no longer compatible - is there any reason for this as it seems pointless installing both new and old version on the same PC especially as Pro 3 will no longer be supported soon

Thank Post
    Hi There,

The best way to look at it is that Inspire Pro is a free upgrade from any variant of Studio 2 or 3 / Primary 2 or 3 at the moment. Basically, if you have X amount of computers with Studio 2 or 3 installed, you are entitled to upgrade those machines to Inspire Pro edition for free (BTW, I have just tried a Studio 2 CD key on the online form, and it seemed to work ok - you might want to give it another try, and if you still have problems, might be worth giving Tech Support a ring - worst case, I think they will be able to give you a license key that will work).

For all othe machines, it may be worth taking into account the Persoanl edition of Inspire. This is a "cut down" variant of the software, however, it will allow users basic functionality, and of course the ability to open any .flp or .flipchart file.

In terms of site licensing, honestly, I don't know what the cost would be, but you may want to speak to your Promethean reseller for more information on this.

With regard to the final point, about certain activities no longer working in Inspire, this is because the "Question Master Wizard" from Studio / Primary (what these were actually created in) was actually developed by a third party company, and when Inspire was developed, we decided to create our own variant with "up to date" software and techniques.

That said, you are correct, in that the blockbusters games will no longer run in Inspire. Obviously, the workaround is to keep Studio or Primary installed purely to run these activities (Inspire and Studio / Primary can both be opened at the same time), although I appreciate this is not ideal.

Inspire has it's own "Question Wizard", which will enable users to create question sets, so it may be worth, if your teachers begin using Inspire, to advise them to create any future "Question Sets", to do so inside Inspire.

Hope this helps, but if you need any more clarification, our Tech Support team will be more than happy to help.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12