+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, ActiveInspire .msi Error 1308: Source file not found in Direct Support; I am trying to solve a rather strange error on a newly built machine after getting a replacement hard drive. ...

Thank Post

ActiveInspire .msi Error 1308: Source file not found

I am trying to solve a rather strange error on a newly built machine after getting a replacement hard drive. The ActivInspire v1 MSI, that I obtained after running the network install of the latest .exe downloaded directly from the Promethean website, fails to install with the following error:

Error 1308: Source file not found "[insert filepath]\ActivInspire\1.8.64351\Windows\winsxs\ulCRTx86\86 _Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.030729.4148 _x-ww_d495ac4e.manifest" Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

On close inspection, there is a .manifest file but the garbled rubbish in the filename is different.

Currently, the software is deployed via Group Policy. All but the ActivInspire v1 MSI install perfectly fine. If I run the MSI manually it bombs out at that error. However, if I install the .exe it installs fine. However, when the machine is then restarted (when teacher goes home at night), it seems Group Policy removes the ActivInspire installation and then fails trying to install its own MSI again.

This is the first time it has occurred in the school. They are Windows 7 x86 clients with a 6-month old Server 2012

Thank Post
    Hi woreilly,
    This sounds like a registry error of some description, however a quicker fix for this could be to change the filename of the .manifest file to the one that the installer is looking for.

Thank you

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread