+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, IWB not being detected in Direct Support; Hi, Can any one help? I have a win 7 laptop that isn't recognising the IWB, Ive got the latest ...
    Thank Post

IWB not being detected

Hi,

Can any one help?

I have a win 7 laptop that isn't recognising the IWB, Ive got the latest driver and software for active inspire installed.

The IWB is connected via serial/usb

Ive tried reinstalling the software and its not helped.

thanks in advance

Thank Post
    Is it finding it in Device Manager?
    if it is, then tell it you want to update drivers and choose your drivers from the local computer,
    select the smart notebook folder in program files and it should find the drivers in there,
    if its not being recognised in device manager then the cable could be knackered

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rf600 View Post
    Is it finding it in Device Manager?
    if it is, then tell it you want to update drivers and choose your drivers from the local computer,
    select the smart notebook folder in program files and it should find the drivers in there,
    if its not being recognised in device manager then the cable could be knackered
    yeah it is, just not being seen in the Activ manager

Thank Post
    The latest Promethean driver (V5.9) has an issue and does not automatically connect to the ActivBoard at start up anymore & reverts to the “Manual” connection setting at reboot. If you updated your driver recently this may be causing your issue. You can connect manually after start up by going to ActivManager (in the Sys Tray) > Control Panel > Connections > and Find / Connect each time though you may want to roll the driver back to an earlier version (V5.7) which should connect automatically.

Alternatively, you may want to consider connecting to the boards via USB without the serial converter.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRobbie View Post
    The latest Promethean driver (V5.9) has an issue and does not automatically connect to the ActivBoard at start up anymore & reverts to the “Manual” connection setting at reboot. If you updated your driver recently this may be causing your issue. You can connect manually after start up by going to ActivManager (in the Sys Tray) > Control Panel > Connections > and Find / Connect each time though you may want to roll the driver back to an earlier version (V5.7) which should connect automatically.

Alternatively, you may want to consider connecting to the boards via USB without the serial converter.
    thanks,

When I go into the active manager and click 'Find' it does not find any boards connected.

any other ideas @GaRobbie

Thank Post
    It could be cabling related like rf600 suggested though I imagine that’s less likely if it is displaying in DM (though weak signals can cause these types of issues). It may also be related to the drivers for the Serial to USB converter, and might be worth checking for any updates.

I would personally roll the driver back to V5.7 if you have not already (if you do, be sure to install using the USB + Serial option), before looking into other variables.

This is all assuming that you know the board is working correctly. If your not sure you may want to test the board with another know working computer.

Let me know how it goes

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRobbie View Post
    It could be cabling related like rf600 suggested though I imagine that’s less likely if it is displaying in DM (though weak signals can cause these types of issues). It may also be related to the drivers for the Serial to USB converter, and might be worth checking for any updates.

I would personally roll the driver back to V5.7 if you have not already (if you do, be sure to install using the USB + Serial option), before looking into other variables.

This is all assuming that you know the board is working correctly. If your not sure you may want to test the board with another know working computer.

Let me know how it goes
    Cheers, Im back in that school on Thursday so will try,

The board was working before on another laptop, just installing a new laptop.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread