+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, Pen Crashing Issue in Direct Support; We are currently having a problem with all our boards running 64bit windows either 7 or 8, everything seems to ...

Thank Post

Pen Crashing Issue

We are currently having a problem with all our boards running 64bit windows either 7 or 8, everything seems to work fine but suddenly the pen will stop responding even though is still shows up in the control panel as connected, it will not let you disconnect either you have to physically reboot the laptop.

I have upgraded the firmware on the board to the latest version, done all windows updates, update the drivers to the latest version but it still continues to stop responding, I have even replaced the interactive PSU in case that was at fault.

I have now rolled the driver back to 5.7 as when it was on the latest driver the board would not automatically start for some reason but with 5.7 it did, has anybody got any ideas were the problem may lie as I am a little stumped now.

Thank Post
    It sounds like you are connected via Serial or Bluetooth if you need to use the older Driver (V5.7) though which type of connection are you using?

Have you tried connecting via USB to the boards? And do you have the same issue?

Thank Post
    We have serial connection on the board which converts to usb with the aid of a serial to usb convertor, I have tried changing that and still the same.

Thank Post
    Is it possible to change the board from a serial connection to a USB connection ??? we had a load of USB cables left by the installers when they were initially installed (I don't know why as the board does have a USB connection on the back of it) but if I replace the serial cable for a USB then there is obviously no interaction as that is connected via the serial cable.

Thank Post
    Yes, almost all of the Promethean Boards are capable of a USB connection so you should be able to and still maintain interactivity. FYI, the serial cable may also be connected to the power cable, in which case you would just need to disconnect the cable at the computer.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread