+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, Wireless Setup of boards in Direct Support; We have an issue with one of our boards - the initial USB run when the board was put in ...
    Thank Post

Wireless Setup of boards

We have an issue with one of our boards - the initial USB run when the board was put in was too long leading to flaky connections. The installer came in and corrected this issue with active extenders on all but one board they decided to put in a wireless setup (like due to the cable run would have ended up being 50m+).

A couple of months later we have a job logged that the board is not working with sound/the interactive pen. We try connecting the USB cable which intermittently works, and try and connect the board wirelessly by right-clicking the tray icon and clicking "registration > wireless board". The knowledge base article and the on-screen instructions seem to say "Hold the board pen over the light in the top left corner, then hold the right-click button down. Once this is done, hover over the three targets that appear" however this does not appear to work - a picture of the activhub with a big red X appears and then the calibration closes down. As we've only got the one wireless board I can't check the setup of that.

I tried using a staff machine with a short USB cable into the white switching box next to the board and that worked fine. I tried with a different machine on a different activhub on a different board to check I'm doing the setup correctly but I still have the same issue. Are all boards wireless by default and you have to buy the ActivHub to use them? The spare I'm using is from a set of ActivExpression handsets (which to me looks exactly the same as the "wireless upgrade kit" available for the 300-series board.

I'm now kind of stuck - we don't want to buy another ActivHub if I'm merely doing the setup wrong. Are there any better instructions for setting the board up wirelessly or am I doing it horribly wrong?

Thanks guys,
    Tom.

Thank Post
    Hi tb2571989,
    I have attached the wireless setup guide which describes the process a littel better than the knowledgebase article.
    The wireless connection is something that can only be acheived once the ActivBoard has been powered using the PSU, with the USB cable disconnected.

Before attempting to connect wirelessly it is always best to upgrade the firmware on the Activhub as this has to be at least v5.10.
    The guide attached explains the upgrade process for the ActivHub if you are struggling.

If you are still struggling once you have followed this guide I would recommend that you contact Promethean Support in order that they can investigate further with you.
    KBM111 ActivBoard 100 300 Series Wireless Upgrade GuideTP1758 (1).pdf
    Thank you

3. 2 Thanks to phillyrovers:

plexer (10th September 2013), tb2571989 (10th September 2013)

Thank Post
    Sorry for the delay - using the instructions provided I updated the firmware and can connect to/set up the board as expected.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread