+ Post New Thread
Promethean Direct Support Thread, activboard connection in Direct Support; I am trying to get an activboard connected I have not worked with the promethean board before, I upgraded the ...

Thank Post

activboard connection

I am trying to get an activboard connected I have not worked with the promethean board before, I upgraded the software to the current version. Before I updated the software the activboard was working flawless. It shows as an active connection, but will not write. you can however write on the promethean board and all functions. when I try to calibrate the activboard at the end it shows the USB hub with a red X. I have replaced the usb with a known working one and still nothing. any sugestions?

Thank Post
    Hi code9ster,
    Before we can get to the bottom of what is happening here I would like you to tell me what model of ActivBoard you have (You can find this information on the serial number sticker.) The white serial number sticker can be found in 1 of the following locations:
    1. On the side of the electronics box at the top left of the board.
    2. On the side of the ActivBoard.
    3. On a small plastic tab on the rear of the board in the bottom left hand side (you can run your fingers around the corner and pull it around so that you can read it).
    4. In some cases it can be located on the side of the pen pots on the side of the board.

I would also like you to clarify what you mean by:
    "It shows as an active connection, but will not write. you can however write on the promethean board and all functions." - This tells me that the ActivBoard is functioning as expected (please correct me if I am wrong).

"when I try to calibrate the activboard at the end it shows the USB hub with a red X." - This message appears when you have attempted to wirelessly register an Activboard. What happens if you click "Calibrate" and not register?

I will be able to assist further once I know what model of ActivBoard you have

Thank you

Thank Post
    387pro promethean
    activ slate 60
    model prm-rs3-01

in the task bar it says active connections and gives options for control panel, calibrate, register wireless activboard and quit.

I have tried all options and have not been able to use activ board with promethean.

Thank Post
    Hello Code9ster, Thanks for the product information. I am not a 100% clear on exactly which piece of hardware you are having issues with though I believe you are saying that your ActivSlate 60 is not working. (The ActivSlate 60 is the handheld device and the ActivBoard is on the wall. Can you confirm which you are having issues with? )

To get the Slate working lets start at your computer. In the system tray select the ActivManager > Control Panel

In this screen check the driver version is fully up to date (V5.9.16). If you do not have V5.9, updating the driver may resolve your issue, please download it from www.prometheanplanet.com (Found under Support > Software> ActivInspire > “Software and Drivers” .

If you still have issues after updating the driver you may need to register the ActivSlate to the Hub. Instructions on how to register your slate in ActivInsprie can be found at PrometheanKB.com > Article “10386”

Once registered your slate should work and your ActivManager > Control Panel should look similar to this
    Screenshot.jpg

Let us know how it goes (or if your issue is not related to the ActivSlate)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread