Freedom of Information Act request
I've just had the following email passed to me:
It was sent to our admin@... account and to me smells of phishing, or marketing at least... are we obliged to respond?
From: Tom Eliott [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: 14 June 2010 11:12
Subject: Freedom of Information Request
I am conducting a survey into what ICT schools are using. Under the Freedom of Information act, please, can you provide answers to the following questions? Many thanks! (If you’ve already published this information online somewhere please just put the URL if it will save you time.)
How many ICT users are there within your school?
Do you have dedicated (operational) ICT staff/department?(ie excluding any teaching departments)
How many of the following items does the school have?
c. laptop trolleys
4. Do you run a wireless network?
5. How much storage space do you use for your ICT data?
6. What email platform are you currently using?
7. What operating system do you use?
8. Do you use any open source software?
9. Are you planning to migrate to Windows7?
10. Do you use any bespoke curriculum applications?
11. How often do you refresh your ICT hardware?
12. What is your budget for ICT?
13. How many ICT partners do you have?
14. Do you have a written ICT strategy? Please provide a copy, if available.
and, has anyone else had the same request?