+ Post New Thread
Physical Security Thread, Computer Cages in Technical; I have used (successfully) for many years a local fabricator to make bespoke cages, but I just thought I would ...

Thank Post

Computer Cages

I have used (successfully) for many years a local fabricator to make bespoke cages, but I just thought I would see what else is currently available in relation to cages that house desktop base units (e.g. OptiPlex SD chassis) under desks?

The cage design has got to the point where by end-users can only access the power button, nothing else; but with computer models/cases changing over time the power button may be in different locations so different cage (design) may be required as and when the computers are replaced.

So, what I am after is information on what cages are available/you are using (off the shelf) that can be fixed to the underneath of a desk that covers the whole base unit?
    As generic cages vary, what options do you use to switch the computers on/off (WOL, AB Tutor or is there even a USB device that can be plugged into the base unit, and the button fixed on top of the desk to act as on/off switch?)

Many thanks.

Thank Post
    TopTec make a variety of computer cages and other security furniture etc..

TOP-TEC IT Security - Computer Enclosures

Case studies: TOP-TEC - Case Studies

Thank Post
    That time of year again, when we are installing an additional IT Suite!

Anyway, previous installations have involved designing cages for the specific model of computer being installed within the IT Suite and a local metal fabricator makes and installs them. It’s now got to the point where the cages / solution (I think) are too over engineered and take too long to measure, adjust etc. in addition to the local metal fabricator now closed for business. Although the cages do cost money (and time) they have proved to be very effective in reducing vandalism or faults as you can’t physically touch anything on the computer except the power button.

We have used some generic ‘clamp’ style cages from CPC CPU-87 - PENN ELCOM - CPU-87 DELUXE CPU BRACKET | CPC which, in the right environment are effective, cheap(er) and easy to install. But the whole computer case is exposed so buttons / badges can be ripped off, and pens or lollipop sticks can be stuck into the vents etc...

I would just like to see what other computer cage solutions people are using?? The computer would be Dell Optiplex range (7010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MYK-IT View Post
    We have used some generic ‘clamp’ style cages from CPC CPU-87 - PENN ELCOM - CPU-87 DELUXE CPU BRACKET | CPC which, in the right environment are effective, cheap(er) and easy to install. But the whole computer case is exposed so buttons / badges can be ripped off, and pens or lollipop sticks can be stuck into the vents etc...
    +1 one on the CPC CPU Brackets, used them at a couple of schools and they do the job. If you are in the market for new PC's with good cable management then @VeryPC's Flex range are quiet good. Infact I prefer the design with AiO monitor bracket rather than putting CPU's under the bench. Only complaint I had was the air vents on the top - thankfully our kids are pretty good and haven't relalised pencils and lollipop sticks fit between the holes (yet).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread