+ Post New Thread
Physical Security Thread, Projector Security Cage in Technical; Hi, I am currently looking to install a short throw projector in our sports hall and would like to protect ...
    ajg

Thank Post

Projector Security Cage

Hi, I am currently looking to install a short throw projector in our sports hall and would like to protect it with a cage so it doesn't get hit with balls etc. I found this picture on the internet which is pretty much exactly what we want and also is the same Epson projector that we plan to use. Does anyone know of any companies in the Midlands (we are Birmingham based) that would make a cage like this for us as our DT department don't have the time and drawn a blank with a couple of other companies. Many thanks.

hallcageepson.jpg

Thank Post
    At my old place we got some ready made ones on a next day service. Cant remember where from though.. might have been @Millgate ??

3. 2 Thanks to Hefferzzzz:

ajg (6th August 2013), Millgate (6th August 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks Hefferzzzz,

We can supply cages like this no problem . Let me know the model of projector and I'll send you a quote over

Luke

5. Thanks to Millgate from:

ajg (6th August 2013)

ajg

Thank Post
    Hefferzzzz and Luke, thanks for getting in touch. The projector will be an Epson EB-485W, I take it you make them to fit the projector in question then so they have a slot at the bottom for the image to pass through? Also I assume the front or side hinges somehow for access? Many thanks.

Thank Post
    Looking at that cage, I cant see it projecting on to the full screen, only part of it, unless they project through part of the cage as the hole does not seem big enough. Just had this issue ourselves and to get it to project to a large screen we couldnt put any cage underneath, that would be useful in protecting the projector if you get what I mean. Ended up accepting that fact and just making a frame that protected the projector from balls hitting it from the side and front. Bear in mind we are a primary school so maybe we can get away with a bit less protection, saying that its only about 2m from the basketball net! Just hope they cant throw basketballs that high!

ajg

Thank Post
    TechSupp, thanks for the info. We may end up doing the same and accepting the risk but struggling to find anyone to produce such a cage at the moment. Didn't think it would be this hard to have a cage made, was half tempted to try and make one myself but decided against it in case it came off on someones head!

Thank Post
    If I remember when I am in on Monday I will take a pic. Any local fabricator should beable to do it. After looking at ours (relative of finance) I could have welded it better myself and in half the time!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread