+ Post New Thread
Physical Security Thread, ADT Kantech in Technical; Hi All In our new building we have a Door Access System which was installed by ADT and runs on ...

Thank Post

ADT Kantech

Hi All

In our new building we have a Door Access System which was installed by ADT and runs on their Kantech software.
    Has anyone here managed to install and get working the Kantech Software WebStation and also the CardGateway connection to automate the card registration process.

Also if you do have the ADT Kantech software where do you get any techincal support from is it direct from ADT or do you go to any third party.
    Regards

Thank Post
    Kantech is actually produced by Tyco, which is the parent company of ADT. My last company had a Kantech access control system installed by a small local security dealer (unaffiliated with ADT) and it worked very well overall. When issues came up, we generally called our security dealer but we were also able to call Kantech tech support directly if we ran into a software related issue. ADT will probably provide all of your hardware and nearly all of your software support for your new Kantech system.

My last company did not have the WebStation or CardGateway, so I can't comment on those aspects directly unfortunately.

Thank Post
    Like netadmin said Kantech is a tyco product. They sell 3 different "models" special edition, corporate edition, and global. This will matter for what type and who gives support. Only special edition will Kantech give support directly, both others, or so I have been told by Kantech. If you user corp edition or global End User has to rely on VAR (value added reseller) - your dealer. I am just getting my hands wet with Kantech so don't know your specific questions. Call them.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information