Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
Hello gentle folk of the long quiet academic summer, diligently working away on all the projects there are never time to do during term-time with all the staff and student distractions. We know you're really busy getting stuff ready for September, but do hope that you're enjoying the space and freedom of an empty school for a few weeks.
Well, if you're a lover of peace and quiet, I'm sorry to say that it's about to be shattered by the VeryPC BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza. Our (very) amateur dramatics troop is warming up and preparing to make a few appearances in episodes of the next VeryPC competition:
I'm sure you don't want to think about it right now, but you have to face the impending return of your school/college/academy/institution/submarine/barn's attendees. They'll be back soon and making your life more difficult than it really needs to be, so why not distract yourself from the stress for the next 3 weeks by trying to win some lovely prizes!
Here's how it's going to work:
- The competition is open to ICT/IT/Network Manager and Technician types working in educational establishments in the UK with active EduGeek accounts.
- Entries are now open and will remain so until midnight on Thursday 29th August 2013.
- 1 standard entry per individual human being fulfilling the criteria in item 1 above.
- Qualification for bonus entries may be introduced if we think of a fun way to make you earn them later on (e.g. sending in daft pictures)
- To enter, PM the @VeryPC EduGeek account (this one) with the subject line "BACK TO SCHOOL" and your professional contact details(we only use these sparingly and do not share with 3rd parties, so you have no need to fear a spambardment as a result).
- Every entrant will be sent some sweeties as a thank you for entering after the whole thing is over (please specify if you would prefer vegan sweets).
- There will be 15 smaller (but good - well, mostly good) prize winners drawn on each working day during the competition.
- The smaller daily prizes will be shown, but then numbered in secret for selection by the winners.
- A daily winner draw will be made on Monday 12th August 2013, then every working day afterwards until the final daily draw on Friday 30th August 2013.
- Each daily winner will have the opportunity to select a number from those that remain and their corresponding prize will be revealed.
- Daily winners will have their name removed from the draw until the end of the month (though they may have bonus entries that remain in the draw, see item 4 above).
- All entries, both standard and bonus (see item 4) will be returned to the draw after the final daily draw and before the star prize draw.
- There will 1 star prize winner of a lovely VeryPC computer drawn at the end of the competition.
- The star prize winner will be drawn on Friday 30th August 2013.
- Further details (and piccies!) of the prizes will be announced shortly.
- All winner draws and prize reveals will be captured on video for digital archaeologists of the future (and also posted for immediate viewing).
- I think that's it - we reserve the right to add any reasonable terms that we forgot to do now later on, just in case we've left a loophole that entitles one of you to buy our company for a dollar or something.
So folks, set your YouTube Filters to "off" (it is the summer holidays, after all), get your PMs sent in and start rubbing your hands in maniacal glee as you anticipate all the lovely goodies that are up for grabs.
This was a looooong post - glad to get it out of the way - fun to follow - prize info and piccies to follow - I'll sign off with another promotional graphic:
Al (Marketing Gnome of VeryPC Meadows)