+ Post New Thread
Our Advertisers Thread, ICT-Direct.co.uk - ..... in Purchasing and Trading; Evening, A big thanks to John Graham at ICT Direct (a forum sponsor) for quickly providing a quote yesterday for ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

ICT-Direct.co.uk - .....

Evening,

A big thanks to John Graham at ICT Direct (a forum sponsor) for quickly providing a quote yesterday for a large number of machines which we ordered today. Excellent service and machines arriving next week.

Recycled machines is the way forward everyone.

So thanks John @ictdirect.

Gareth

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Evening all,

Just thought I'd pop back to close this thread and say we took delivery 50 reconditioned HP machines from John @ict-direct. The rather large lorry arrived with everything stacked neatly onto one pallet. Apart from the driver turning up during the lunch hour we managed to secure some staff to keep the kids away whilst we got the lorry in.

The driver dropped the pallet outside the door where we opened it in place. We got 30 or so pupils to take the machines, mice and keyboards into the classroom where we then sorted them. Many hands...... etc.

A row of 9 have been setup this afternoon with W7E and nothing has been DOA.

So thanks John. Recommended supplier.

Gareth

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,394 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They are great to deal with!!

Thank Post
    We've used John for multiple items over the years - the last batch of machines he delivered in person =) Except for a HDD in one being duff there really isn't anything bad I can say.

The only gripe I have (which is more of a "keeping ahead of the competition") is that they need to reduce their prices on the desktops, as they're now in the top end of the pricing scale, with nearly all other remanufactured hardware of same/similar spec considerably cheaper.

Thank Post
    Hi

I'm glad everything landed OK.

Many thanks for the business - it's greatly appreciated

Regards

John

6. Thanks to ict-direct from:

garethedmondson (15th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dgsmith View Post
    We've used John for multiple items over the years - the last batch of machines he delivered in person =) Except for a HDD in one being duff there really isn't anything bad I can say.

The only gripe I have (which is more of a "keeping ahead of the competition") is that they need to reduce their prices on the desktops, as they're now in the top end of the pricing scale, with nearly all other remanufactured hardware of same/similar spec considerably cheaper.
    Ohhhh don't say that. Who else is out there? Who have I missed?

John offered some excellent pricing I thought on the newer 7900 machines that had just come into stock.

Gareth

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dgsmith View Post

Thanks for the feedback - it keeps us on our toes

We monitor our prices regularly and when new stock arrives we reassess our market. We think our prices are competitive, especially as most competitors give much lower warranties than our Gold (2 year) or Platinum (3 year) guarantees. We also provide a new HP keyboard and new branded optical mouse with all our pc's.

We'll be keeping our contact list informed more often with new pricing in future - watch this space...

9. 2 Thanks to ict-direct:

dgsmith (16th September 2011), john (17th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    Ohhhh don't say that. Who else is out there? Who have I missed?
    I don't think it'd be fair to list alternatives to a company I have used myself and have no problems with, but also in a thread that is about praising ICT-Direct All I can say is, if you're willing to compromise on the warranty (or rather accept the HP remainder), there are a fair number of competitors out there offering the DC7800/DC7900/elite 8000 series. There are some threads here as well listing some.
    For instance, I bought a HP Elite 8000 SFF unit for 110 over the summer that was 1yr old, still has 2yrs to run on HP warranty with decent spec.

Quote Originally Posted by ict-direct View Post
    Thanks for the feedback - it keeps us on our toes

We monitor our prices regularly and when new stock arrives we reassess our market. We think our prices are competitive, especially as most competitors give much lower warranties than our Gold (2 year) or Platinum (3 year) guarantees. We also provide a new HP keyboard and new branded optical mouse with all our pc's.

We'll be keeping our contact list informed more often with new pricing in future - watch this space...
    John, whilst I absolutely do not want to give your exceptional additional warranty service an injustice, this is at additional (even if negligable) cost whereby the raw base unit cost does seem to be struggling against prices I am seeing now. You know I have never had any major problems with anything you've supplied to us and the DC7900s from last year are still the best in the school! I just think you need to be looking at the competition a bit more =)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,577 Times in 1,414 Posts
    Value for money isn't just down to price though unless there is a huge disparity in pricing which I don't believe there is in this case.

Ben

12. Thanks to plexer from:

nephilim (16th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Excellent to deal with and a great service throughout.

14. Thanks to MattRVBC from:

ICTDirect_Dave (2nd July 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Aren't you a gent to say so!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread