+ Post New Thread
Our Advertisers Thread, TV & PC Quote in Purchasing and Trading; I need pricing for the following please: 1 x 42" LCD TV with mounting capabilities (and mount/screw/bolts included) - must ...

Thank Post

TV & PC Quote

I need pricing for the following please:

1 x 42" LCD TV with mounting capabilities (and mount/screw/bolts included) - must also have VGA port
    1 x Small Form Factor computer of minimal specification (to run Xibo client from Win XP)

Also open to quotes from companies who can fit the equipment to the wall, but will fit myself if push comes to shove.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    I need pricing for the following please:

1 x 42" LCD TV with mounting capabilities (and mount/screw/bolts included) - must also have VGA port
    1 x Small Form Factor computer of minimal specification (to run Xibo client from Win XP)

Also open to quotes from companies who can fit the equipment to the wall, but will fit myself if push comes to shove.
    will get onto this for you straight away fella,

Thank Post
    Can someone take a look at these and tell me if this should do for a display screen setup:

TV: LG 42LH3000 42" Full HD LCD TV 1920x1080 50,000:1 3ms 50Hz HDMI/PC/USB Input Vesa Wall Mountable Gloss Black - Ebuyer

Mount: Universal EBUYERFIXED flat plasma/lcd bracket that fits 32"-50" displays - Ebuyer

PC: Acer Aspire Revo R3610 Desktop PC - Desktops at Ebuyer

The PC will be running Xibo client (which needs all the .nets etc). It will connect to the TV via VGA. We will store the PC in the cabinet, which is on the other side of the wall to where the TV is going to be mounted - so we can just drill straight through the wall for wires etc.

How easy are these mounts to fit? Are bolts and such included with the mount?

Cheers,

Thank Post
    Can anybody advise with the hardware above?

Thank Post
    In terms of running an Atom machine with the .NET frameworks for Xibo, I'll assume you'll be fine. The atom platform is very capable and we have an Asus EeeBox PC running one of our home-grown displays. It runs Firefox for us fullscreen and displays a web app, which I believe is what Xibo does

That TV looks fine. Bang your VGA into it and you're golden.

Don't really know about the TV bracket. We've previously bought a smaller one than that but it didn't get used... Seemed really simple though, and I'm pretty sure it came with some (maybe not all) the required bolts etc. Probably worth checking with eBuyer, then making sure you won't annoy your site staff if it arrives without them!

As for fitting the pc, both the EeeBox and the Revo are very thin machines (barely more than an inch or so thick) and could be hidden away in many places. We have our EeeBox mounted to the wall in the ceiling void with the bracket it came with. It's a natty little plastic thing designed to fix it to the back of a monitor, but it does the job!

6. Thanks to dayzd from:

Hightower (2nd March 2010)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread