+ Post New Thread
Our Advertisers Thread, Laptop screens in Purchasing and Trading; ...
    Thank Post

Laptop screens

We need 2 laptop screens for two of our RM laptops (model number of laptop is COMPAL EL81). I'm not sure of the screen model number but hopefully that should be enough info to know which one it is? The RM laptop and COMPAL EL81 are exactly the same so I can't see a problem getting a COMPAL EL81 screen.

Can sponsors quote a price for 2 of these please? Seen a few new ones on ebay around the £70 mark so that is "around" the price we're looking for.

Thanks!

Thank Post
    Noone can get any prices to me for these, even if it's more than the ebay prices?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    i use Rolta ltd. Dont know if they can help.

4. Thanks to Little-Miss from:

dgsmith (22nd February 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    i use Rolta ltd. Dont know if they can help.
    Bit pricier than ebay but I think the school favours ordering from actual companies. Thanks for that LM! Do they accept POs and work with invoices?

Thank Post
    Yes to invoices afaik - we use them here too. Pretty good, and knowledgable about what they're selling when queried on whether certain models will work over others...

7. 2 Thanks to RinSewand:

dgsmith (22nd February 2010), Little-Miss (22nd February 2010)

Thank Post
    We just ordered as couple for the same model (RM nBook4150 / Compal EL81). You will need to open up your laptop and get the exact model number of exisiting screen to be sure you get the right part. However if you want to take it on faith the part number for ours was B154EW02, available from Replacement Laptop LCD Screens All Makes Models (15.4" WXGA LAPTOP LCD SCREENS) for £52 excl VAT.

9. Thanks to HilcrRWise from:

dgsmith (22nd February 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HilcrRWise View Post
    We just ordered as couple for the same model (RM nBook4150 / Compal EL81). You will need to open up your laptop and get the exact model number of exisiting screen to be sure you get the right part. However if you want to take it on faith the part number for ours was B154EW02, available from Replacement Laptop LCD Screens All Makes Models (15.4" WXGA LAPTOP LCD SCREENS) for £52 excl VAT.
    That's seems too cheap to be true - what's the catch? Is there anything missing from it that you would get with a screen elsewhere? Are they well built and look just the same and perform just the same as the ones that come with the laptops?

As above, they accept POs and work with invoices? A different of £38 each is a fair bit!

[Edit]Well our screen says L154WB04 which isn't specifically mentioned in that list! Does it have to be the exact model number or can it be one of the same family/similar name?[/edit]
    Last edited by dgsmith; 22nd February 2010 at 12:21 PM.

Thank Post
    The screen we got fit with no problems, there is a bit on the bottom of the original screen that holds down the inverter which will need to be moved on to the new screen but other than that it fit fine.

The quality of the screen appeared to be identical to the original.

The difference in model numbers could be a concern, I would recommend emailing the company I linked to listing all the various numbers on the back of the original screen and see what they say about compatibility. It could be that you have a slightly different version of the laptop than we have that uses a different screen.

I am not sure if they take POs/invoices, I just passed the order to our finance department and it went through fine, although I am not entirely sure if they used the standard PO system or if they used a purchase card (I believe it was the former).
    Last edited by HilcrRWise; 22nd February 2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Added answers to additional questions missed originally

12. Thanks to HilcrRWise from:

dgsmith (24th February 2010)

Thank Post
    I have ordered approx 7 compatible compal EL81 screens from Rolta via ebay and can vouch for them. The fittings are not perfect but its a compatible.

14. Thanks to AliG from:

Thank Post
    I've ordered through Laptops and Spares before, they accept PO via fax an offer good pricing. They've sorted me out laptop screens for various machines and replacement batteries before.

Mike

16. Thanks to maniac from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HilcrRWise View Post
    The screen we got fit with no problems, there is a bit on the bottom of the original screen that holds down the inverter which will need to be moved on to the new screen but other than that it fit fine.

The quality of the screen appeared to be identical to the original.

I am not sure if they take POs/invoices, I just passed the order to our finance department and it went through fine, although I am not entirely sure if they used the standard PO system or if they used a purchase card (I believe it was the former).
    We ended up going with Accupart as the had they best price (about £64 per screen inc delivery). Came today and they fit fine (after we managed to figure out what part the screen was)! They accept POs and work with invoices so that wasn't a problem.

Thanks to everyone else who mentioned companies too - it's always useful to have a few and shop around! We have bought some other screens in the past off ebay (price) but I know the school is very much not in favour of that, so it's useful to have a few to compare!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread