+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Our Advertisers Thread, Superb Acer Desktop Bundle Deal 366.00+vat FREE DEL in Purchasing and Trading; When i was heavily involved in purchasing and obtaining quotes a lot, i would ask for a range of quotes ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    When i was heavily involved in purchasing and obtaining quotes a lot, i would ask for a range of quotes 3-5, but then go back to my preferred supplier to see if he could match the best price given. Usually he could and so we'd go with them, the reason being as stated above, the relationship, support, knowledge, VALUE ADDED is essential for us, sometimes we'd even pay more to stay with a supplier we trusted who could quickly and efficiently solve any problems that arose - which is the true mark of a good supplier. Not that they provide the cheapest price, quickest quote etc, but how well they resolve any inevitable difficulties that may arise.

2. Thanks to vikpaw from:

CPLTD (2nd December 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We now have only 30 of these bad boys left so be quick so you dont miss out guys

Thank Post
    It does seem that there is a huge misaprehention out in the education market place with many people that cheapest is always best.

I hope this thread has shown that this is not always the case.

I feel that people often forget that resellers are supposed to add value to the products you are purchasing from them. There are a vast number of resellers out there who will simply sell you products and then be no where to be seen if you require support or assistance. You also need to realise that resellers are businesses and if they make no profit selling kit they will go bust. This means that there is no back up for you at all and often little recourse apart from trying to go direct to the manufacturer which can be an issue.

Don't get me wrong we all like a bargain, but this should not come at the expense of quality of service or a realistic business model. I think Simon has acted in a totally correct fashion, and the fact that he has contacted a customer whom had already placed an order to update them on an offer is admirable.

5. 2 Thanks to DarrenC:

CPLTD (7th December 2009), Cummins (7th December 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenC View Post
    It does seem that there is a huge misaprehention out in the education market place with many people that cheapest is always best.

I hope this thread has shown that this is not always the case.

I feel that people often forget that resellers are supposed to add value to the products you are purchasing from them. There are a vast number of resellers out there who will simply sell you products and then be no where to be seen if you require support or assistance. You also need to realise that resellers are businesses and if they make no profit selling kit they will go bust. This means that there is no back up for you at all and often little recourse apart from trying to go direct to the manufacturer which can be an issue.

Don't get me wrong we all like a bargain, but this should not come at the expense of quality of service or a realistic business model. I think Simon has acted in a totally correct fashion, and the fact that he has contacted a customer whom had already placed an order to update them on an offer is admirable.
    Sometimes cheapest is the only option to provide the equipment in many schools, thus taking what we can get.

Support might be rubbish, product might not be upto scratch, but alas the kids go on learning at an accelerated rate rather than being hindered by equipment that doesn't work
    Last edited by vikpaw; 8th December 2009 at 07:55 AM. Reason: swearing

7. Thanks to ahuxham from:

RingOfFlame (7th December 2009)

Thank Post
    Ahwell... Look on the bright side! Atleast RingOfFlame has an appropriate name

9. Thanks to Cummins from:

CPLTD (7th December 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well when there gone there gone and guess what there gone so many thanks for all your interest people, an interesting thread to say the least lol

Keep an eye out for more lowest priced offers shortly

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    Nothing against Simon what so ever !!

However Acer and Superb are two words I never expected to see after all the posts I have seen ref Acers support ( or lack there of )

The username ringofFlame reminds me of the Japanese flag for some obscure reason lol no offence or anything

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Nothing against Simon what so ever !!

However Acer and Superb are two words I never expected to see after all the posts I have seen ref Acers support ( or lack there of )

The username ringofFlame reminds me of the Japanese flag for some obscure reason lol no offence or anything
    I can relate to your Acer support comments fella , dont get me wrong i have opened many a acer desktop unit to find they are using "Cheap" components but you pay for what you get and we all expect a good level of support which I understand Acer are addressing , your feedback is valued.

superb lowest priced deals is not limited to a partiular vendor bud we provide all IT equipment and we are not Vendor Biased

13. Thanks to CPLTD from:

mac_shinobi (8th December 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    I can relate to your Acer support comments fella , dont get me wrong i have opened many a acer desktop unit to find they are using "Cheap" components but you pay for what you get and we all expect a good level of support which I understand Acer are addressing , your feedback is valued.

superb lowest priced deals is not limited to a partiular vendor bud we provide all IT equipment and we are not Vendor Biased
    Like I said and not having a go or nothing and don't want anyone reading this taking it the wrong way or out of context as I have seen a lot of posts and your support has been top notch along with price and the rest of it ( a few minor niggles but those are to be expected ) and just for the record I don't work for edu so have as of yet not had the opportunity or chance to buy stuff from CPLTD ( simon and co )

Good to hear that Acer are sorting it out though

Also agreed on the you get what you pay for

15. Thanks to mac_shinobi from:

CPLTD (8th December 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123