+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Our Advertisers Thread, WattsClever Giveaway! in Purchasing and Trading; ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    having the standby saver product at home has saved me around £5 per month in electricity, however I am curious as to the PC standby saver etc. I am all for reducing my energy output (every bulb in my house is energy saving, I religiously switch off plugs etc etc) so if someone can give me some more details on them I would be more than happy to listen!
    We've got some information on our 'Go Green' page here: Save money, Save the planet! | Servers Plus

You can also see more info on the WattsClever site here: Standby Control Units ¨C UK socket type

Because the savings depend on how many peripherals are connected, how many hours the PC is on standby and what device you use (pc standby control / auto standby control / etc) the results vary a lot.

Using the PC standby control unit as an example, if it has a PC, monitor and speakers plugged in and is on standby for 16 hours on a weekday (24 hours at weekends) then this unit will have paid for itself within the first year, with an energy saving of £14 per year. Multiply this by the number of PCs in the average school and you'll see that investing in standby savers makes perfect sense.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was wondering for home usage, any money that I can not spend on electricity is ideal for me!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    I was wondering for home usage, any money that I can not spend on electricity is ideal for me!
    In a home environment you'll probably save more, as you're likely to have more peripherals such as a printer, scanner, beefier speakers - etc.

If you're not hosting a home network, you could even have your modem/router shut down along with the PC.

A good idea to save money in the home is to use an automatic standby control unit with your TV, and have it turn off your sound system, VCR/DVD/BR player, sky box, etc. when you're not watching TV - Again, this would pay for itself within a year and continue to save you money year after year.

Thank Post
    We've got a remote that turns on and off the TV/DVD, Fire, Sound System and small lamp. There's a master button that switches them all. It's radio so works from another room.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    We've got a remote that turns on and off the TV/DVD, Fire, Sound System and small lamp. There's a master button that switches them all. It's radio so works from another room.
    What make is yours? Is it the same as this?

Thank Post
    Pretty similar. Got it from Aldi for around £14 last year.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have the same one from Aldi, use it for the lamps in my bedroom, and for the items in the babys room (mobile, nightlight etc)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12