+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Our Advertisers Thread, Quote for 12x Dell Laptops in Purchasing and Trading; Hi, Could i please have a quote for 12x Dell Latitude E5500 Laptops T7250 Processor 2Gb RAM 3 year warranty ...
    Thank Post

Quote for 12x Dell Laptops

Hi,

Could i please have a quote for 12x Dell Latitude E5500 Laptops
    T7250 Processor
    2Gb RAM
    3 year warranty
    Vista Business with XP downgarde

Many thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Be interested to see what you end up with. My account manager has abandoned me telling me to use the online selection system! HP HP Store for Business item - HP Compaq 6735s Notebook PC seem to be able to offer a very competitive bit of kit nowadays that might be worth looking at?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,877 Times in 1,395 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Dell have been in the papers recently (EU and UK) about using inferior parts and then when people claim on warranty, they send back the original part without fixing the problem! I would use HP for piece of mind.

Thank Post
    I would definitely recommend looking at HP notebooks. If any of you are after a quote then let me know an idea of spec or your main requirements and I'll get on to it right away for you.

We currently have a deal on some HP 550 notebooks....

HP 550
    Core 2 Duo T5670 1.8GHz,
    Vista Business / XP Pro downgrade
    15.4" WXGA ,
    2GB RAM,
    250GB HDD,
    DVD+/-RW,
    WiFi a/b/g,
    Bluetooth,

These are available for a cracking price of just 349.00+VAT delivered! If youw ant them with a 3 year warranty, the price is 385.00+VAT delivered

Many thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Will get a quote over to you first thing in the morning when I return to work fella,

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Dell have been in the papers recently (EU and UK) about using inferior parts and then when people claim on warranty, they send back the original part without fixing the problem! I would use HP for piece of mind.
    Really, kind of impossible when they send out a replacement part either for self install or with an engineer.
    It sounds more like HP to me rather than Dell. We've had laptops repeatedly sent to them which come back still faulty, plus engineers coming out onsite with either the wrong parts or for a different model. Dell have never failed to fix our kit first time.

Thank Post
    I would have to agree with teejay. Dell support is far better then HP.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    I would have to agree with teejay. Dell support is far better then HP.
    Completely disagree. In fact, couldn't possibly disagree more!

Dell are shockingly awful to get hold of via the phone, and have next to no support or care for their customers. Not caring about general consumers is one thing (although bad enough), but education/corporate customers who spend tens of thousands of pounds with them.... they are quite possibly THE worst company I've ever used (slightly behind Mesh Computers!)

HP can be equally challenging to get hold of on the phone, BUT... their online support is second to none. Go to the website, fill in the details, get email confirmation and have a spare part out the next day.
    Lifetime warranty on some of their larger kit (our ProCurve switches etc), backed up by decent support when needed too. Not sure what else anyone would want them to do!
    (BTW, I don't work for them, or have a commission lined up for this write up!)

Thank Post
    Are you kidding mb2k01? Assuming you buy business equipment, it's excellent. Only negative is you say the tag about three times. I've had a kid smash a TFT before, just phoned them up quote the tag no, said I've tested it with another TFT (ie it works), next day guy turned up with a replacement, we swapped, no questions about how it got smashed.

I've done the same with tape drivers, hdd, ram...

HP, OMG, you get sent a box, you put the laptop in the box, you arrange a pick up with wait for it to be sent to the netherlands or somewhere stupid, you wait for it to be repair, they send it back, you then argue with them that they didn't fix it. Or you pay an extra to get the same basic level of support that you get from Dell.

Thank Post
    In the interests of fairness, I've had excellent experience with both HP and Dell warranties, because we have next-day on-site parts and labour with both (and likewise Stone). So if something breaks, we ring up and say "it's broken" and the next day an engineer turns up. Simples.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    Are you kidding mb2k01? Assuming you buy business equipment, it's excellent. Only negative is you say the tag about three times. I've had a kid smash a TFT before, just phoned them up quote the tag no, said I've tested it with another TFT (ie it works), next day guy turned up with a replacement, we swapped, no questions about how it got smashed.

I've done the same with tape drivers, hdd, ram...

HP, OMG, you get sent a box, you put the laptop in the box, you arrange a pick up with wait for it to be sent to the netherlands or somewhere stupid, you wait for it to be repair, they send it back, you then argue with them that they didn't fix it. Or you pay an extra to get the same basic level of support that you get from Dell.
    I inherrited a Dell server at a job before and had nothing short of a nightmare to get support.
    Foolishly a couple of years down the line I thought i'd give them another chance as they give me a really strong price when I was out getting quotes. They were great on pre-sales, but anything after-sale including support was like pulling teeth! I've had a limited amount of desktops and the horrible latitudes that our LA decided to dish out on Laptops for Teachers scheme. All awful!
    Maybe they operate different support teams and it just happens we've had different kit! Maybe that's the secret!

HP - I've had countless amounts of desktop, notebook, switches (currently even arranging demo kit of procurve managed wireless) and had no issues with them at all!
    The worst thing I can say is that speech is an issue - I have a northen english accent which seems to translate badly in the Netherlands (or wherever they do their support!) - but their online support is amazing. I went on the other day as one of HDD's failed, logged it, sent it off and had one sat on my desk in a day or two.

Thank Post
    Don't forget ACER!

Dell and HP might be the top 2 vendors but Acer is number 3 so please give them a chance!

Acer, along with sister companies Packard Bell, Gateway and eMachines now offer something for every price point.

If you would accept an Acer quote please PM me.

Thank Post
    Spoken like a true sales person.

Wouldn't trust any of the sister companies either. Still... my opinion blah blah blah

Thank Post
    Has anyone got any thoughts on Lenovo? I've had bad experiences with both Dell and HP over the past few months, and I don't like that Acer doesn't do onsite service. I'm not sure if Lenovo do onsite either.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nutso View Post
    Has anyone got any thoughts on Lenovo? I've had bad experiences with both Dell and HP over the past few months, and I don't like that Acer doesn't do onsite service. I'm not sure if Lenovo do onsite either.
    Lenovo are of rock solid build quility and really deserve more credit in the public sector , the problem is that they tend to price themselves out of the market,
    Lenovo do a on site next business day warranty and I believe they are very responsive, this is from me as a suppliers point of view but I obtain feedback from my customer base regualary,

Hope that helps but if you need any further info or even pricing be sure to give me a shout,

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast