+ Post New Thread
Our Advertisers Thread, [Wanted] Geforce Go 6800 Laptop Card in Purchasing and Trading; Trying to get an alienware laptop back up and running, its been suggested it might be the graphics so I'm ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

[Wanted] Geforce Go 6800 Laptop Card

Trying to get an alienware laptop back up and running, its been suggested it might be the graphics so I'm looking to source a replacement card.

Its a geforce go 6800 (however any other one that will work will do)

This is what it looks like. On the underside there are 2 sets of connection pins which slot into the motherboard. I can take a photo of the underside if necessary.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Is everyone else finding one of these as elusive as me? ;p

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,730 Times in 2,309 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I spent 2 months trying to get a replacement GPU for my Alienware laptop from Alienware and eventually gave up. Usless excuses for people. Eventually I gave up and scrapped the insolent thing so that I could put the parts into real laptops.

The problem is that the cooler is custon and the actual chips seem to be only avalible to large OEMs hence making the second hand market very small.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    the first problem i had with mine was within about 3 months, it just wouldnt recognise any HD and i figured the hd controller had gone, but it took them about another 3 months to authorise an RMA and repair it.

I used to use it on my lap a lot, which for a DTR probably wasnt advisable and the AC inlet became loose and then one day it just smoked and burnt out.

I missed the boat for upgrading to an extended warranty, should have acted on the email they sent me but put it off for another day and then forgot about it.

Managed to source a replacement mobo from a USA seller on ebay (got hit with a massive import duty on it though ;/)

Someones suggested it might be the GPU stopping mine from working but tbh I cant even find a replacement to even borrow let alone buy to even test.

I shall never ever buy an alienware again, I had just come into some money and had more of that than sense I think. However the saying goes about 1 bad recommendation is worth more than 10 good recommendations, and I reckcon theyve easily lost 10+ sales from me alone.

PS. If anyone from alienware AKA dell who might be reading this can offer some advice it would be appreciated

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,730 Times in 2,309 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    I shall never ever buy an alienware again, I had just come into some money and had more of that than sense I think. However the saying goes about 1 bad recommendation is worth more than 10 good recommendations, and I reckcon theyve easily lost 10+ sales from me alone.

PS. If anyone from alienware AKA dell who might be reading this can offer some advice it would be appreciated
    Seconded, I must have stopped numerous sales to alienware by just informing people of what they are actually like. I would not be so against them if they were actually willing to help.

Likewise if anyone from Alienware finds this please help us come up with solutions or at least point us in the right direction. Please prove that there is actually someone that cares or knows what they are talking about at alienware.

Thank Post
    I had the same problemwith my Mesh laptop ... the gpu gave up !!! after lots of effort Ifinally got in contact with ben.careless@stonegroup.co.uk (they own rock computers) who couldnt have been more helpful in getting me a replacement ..... My Mobo was from Clevo ... a large far eastern maker that sell to lots of retailers so you might get lucky.....

Good luck
    Silicon Keyboards with lower case letters

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brpilot99 View Post
    I had the same problemwith my Mesh laptop ... the gpu gave up !!! after lots of effort Ifinally got in contact with ben.careless@stonegroup.co.uk (they own rock computers) who couldnt have been more helpful in getting me a replacement ..... My Mobo was from Clevo ... a large far eastern maker that sell to lots of retailers so you might get lucky.....

Good luck
    Now that you mention it I think clevo make the case these alienware. I will try emailing that email see if they can help. THanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brpilot99 View Post

Good luck
    This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

ben.careless@stonegroup.co.uk

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread