+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Our Advertisers Thread, World Cup Competition! in Purchasing and Trading; ...

Thank Post
    Hehe, yeah, all my puns have been based on player names, 'cause I got nothing else.

I'll hazard a guess at England 1 - 3 Italy

I have no idea if that's even remotely likely :P Although what I do know is about that huge brawl that happened in the England changing rooms. Frank got lamped 'ard. Luke Shaw the whole thing and said Chris couldn't stop Smalling. Wilshire not win with this display of 'teamwork'!
    I heard England are stepping up their training regime after losing to Italy. Rooney's been told to stop Forlán over, though I think telling him that's a bit Fucile, personally. I think we should send them some Pérezents to raise morale.. Something not cheap, but let's not splash out too much. I think something like Silva team bracelets, maybe?
    Navas have the England team lost their first 2 world cup games before and I'll bet half of them are Miller-n over not even bothering with this game. The Ureña is too hot and they're getting Acosta-d by rabid fans everywhere they go. Maybe they all just need to relax with a cold Pinto. But who knows? This could all be a clever Ruiz to hide a spectacular comeback..

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 1,465 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Having lost their first 2 World Cup matches, the England players are going to be asked a lot of searching questions.

The first one being, "Did you pack these bags yourself?"

3. Thanks to nephilim from:

Garacesh (20th June 2014)

Thank Post
    What a game!! south Korea v Algeria

Thank Post
    Good couple of games last night!

Thank Post
    I was gutted to see USA not hang on, would have been another shock to see Portugal one step closer to exiting the competition where as now they have been given a second chance:
    Their best chance is if they beat Ghana 3-0 and Germany beat USA 3-0

A draw between Germany and USA would see Portugal out no matter what

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ghana have been great this WC, did not expect them to beat USA, never mind draw 2-2 against Germany. The team that has made me have the most enjoyment by far is Costa Rica. They're not the biggest, by they could well go far. I am not expecting big things from them, but I do see them beating England by a goal at least.

Seems the Iberians are some what lacklustre this year. Ronaldo failing to have any sort of spark or massive impact as he hoped. Xavi, Iniesta and Casillas just not doing their jobs like they're supposed too. Diego Costa has expressed an interest in playing for Brazil after this world cup as he made "a poor choice but still has the ability to go to Brazil as it is his nation of birth etc".

Germany lit their game on fire with Portugal and assumed Ghana would be a walk over, and how wrong they were. They didn't expect the Ghanaians to be so physically dominating, so they had to rely on technical skills to hold the game. And credit too Klose on his goal (even if it was poached). Fully expect him to break the record now.

2 players that have stood out for me so far over all games...Ochoa (Mexicans goal keeper). He is a great ball stopper and proved this against brazil, saving something close to 25 shots and Joel Campbell (Costa Rican Forward). He has made his name this world cup as a ball holder, crosser and finisher. He has 34 caps for Costa Rica, he has 10 goals, which considering the teams they play in the confederations cup (Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Honduras, Peru, etc) is no mean feat. His goals against teams include Spain, USA and Uruguay, which shows he can score against stiff competition, and whenever he has scored, they've never lost.
    Last edited by nephilim; 23rd June 2014 at 09:55 AM.

Thank Post
    I rather think they could do us by more than one goal, if they can be really bothered. I'm guessing they'll field a strong enough team to win, they'll want to top the group just for the kudos, never mind an easier Round of 16 game. The right side of our back four looks there for the taking, Jones and Smalling, neither of whom are International class players, nor ever will be for anyone other than England. I think they'll be out the door at Old Trafford when van Gaal arrives in July. Stephen Caulker, even though he was relegated is a much better centre back than Smalling or Jones, but doesn't play for a 'fashionable' club. Gary Medel, the other Cardiff centre back, has had a good World Cup so far.

Thank Post
    Not one correct prediction for last night's match!

Thank Post
    Not one correct prediction at all, for me That counts as a hat-trick, right?

I don't think anybody would've expected 0 - 0, given how good Costa Rica have apparently been playing, and how appalling England have been.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @SiliconAlley_Sam as nobody correctly guessed, can you give it too the funniest joke submitted?

Thank Post
    I guessed 1-1, so right result wrong score, surely this is the next closest

Thank Post
    .......and out we went, not with a bang but with a whimper.

I thought our 'Young Lions' would go off like a train and get an early goal, forcing Costa Rica to have to win the game.

Last night really showed up our short-comings. Sturridge on the edge of the box with no one else within 3 yards of him and he didn't even work the keeper. Lampard knocking it long every other attack. The defence just weren't properly tested at all, so we still have a question mark over Jones, Smalling and Shaw. Costa Rica did what they had to do without even breaking a sweat.

Oh well, see you in Moscow, Roy.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    @SiliconAlley_Sam as nobody correctly guessed, can you give it too the funniest joke submitted?
    Or the only other person to get the score right and won nothing previously... cant remember who that was now....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    Or the only other person to get the score right and won nothing previously... cant remember who that was now....
    No, because that is clearly a fix!

Thank Post
    Your tablets are on their way, folks! Bit of a hold up here because of some logistical issues at the distributor's end but it looks like that's all cleared up now. Apologies for the delay!

17. Thanks to SiliconAlley_Sam from:

fiza (2nd July 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast