+ Post New Thread
Our Advertisers Thread, [Interest Check] Top Branded Tablets in Purchasing and Trading; Hi guys! We're just about to seal a deal on some top branded tablets and wanted to start gauging some ...
    Thank Post

[Interest Check] Top Branded Tablets

Hi guys!

We're just about to seal a deal on some top branded tablets and wanted to start gauging some interest.

The spec is as follows:

10 inch
    64GB Flash
    2GB RAM
    Win 8
    Office home and student.

We're planning on doing a cracking deal on these so please let us know ASAP if you might be interested or if you're looking to go down the Windows 8 tablet route.

Thanks,

Sam

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Silence is golden LOL

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Please make sure there is a Nic avalible that allows PXE boot and the EFI allows booting MDT or other imaging tools, even better if the tablet supports a 64bitOS with its 64bit chip. From cold experience the Asus transformerbook t100 does none of these things making it an epic pain without a rear facing camera.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Please make sure there is a Nic avalible that allows PXE boot and the EFI allows booting MDT or other imaging tools, even better if the tablet supports a 64bitOS with its 64bit chip. From cold experience the Asus transformerbook t100 does none of these things making it an epic pain without a rear facing camera.
    I will check all of this out for you.

Are you in the market for tablets currently? How many are you looking at purchasing?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,742 Times in 2,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In New Zealand so shipping may be a bother unless you could do direct from manufacturer. We are still looking at atom based hybrid tablets with all the above provisions met. Probably a class set or so, have 6 of the Asus ones and while nice enough have some real issues when it comes to imaging them and has no rear camera.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconAlley_Sam View Post
    Hi guys!

We're just about to seal a deal on some top branded tablets and wanted to start gauging some interest.

The spec is as follows:

10 inch
    64GB Flash
    2GB RAM
    Win 8
    Office home and student.

We're planning on doing a cracking deal on these so please let us know ASAP if you might be interested or if you're looking to go down the Windows 8 tablet route.

Thanks,

Sam
    Depends if they're the Bay Trail atom or the old Clover Leaf chips, I'll hazard a guess that they're ThinkPad Tablet2 devices?

Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    The Atom based devices only have 32-bit EFI from what I've been told, which means if the imaging engine you're using requires a 64-bit preboot OS you're a bit stuck. i3 and i5 chips don't have this limitation.
    Last edited by gshaw; 20th May 2014 at 12:39 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    Depends if they're the Bay Trail atom or the old Clover Leaf chips, I'll hazard a guess that they're ThinkPad Tablet2 devices?

The Atom based devices only have 32-bit EFI from what I've been told, which means if the imaging engine you're using requires a 64-bit preboot OS you're a bit stuck. i3 and i5 chips don't have this limitation.
    Sorry for the vague answers, we're not permitted to give too much away until the deal is sealed (should be before the end of the week at very latest).

It is a 32-bit EFI, Atom based device with front and rear facing cameras.

It is not a Thinkpad Tablet2 device, however!
    @SYNACK If you were looking for a full classroom set (assuming that'd be 25-30+) we would consider shipping overseas if we did have something that you were particularly interested in.

Thank Post
    The 64GB SSD and 2GB RAM puts me off a little. I had a Asus Smart VivoTab ME400C, it was ok and did the job but slowly. When using them in a school large applications such as Office and Sims would need to be run and I can't imagine it all running too well on a tablet with this spec.

The minimum I would go for is an i3, 4GB Ram and 128GB storage. A nice screen and build quality is a bonus.

Thank Post
    @abillybob if you require a quote on some tablets for the school please feel free to contact me. We can provide quotes for any manufacturer that you prefer. We currently have some Samsung Ativ Tab 3 in stock at an amazing price if you would like further information on this please let me know. This tablet comes with Windows 8 but can be upgraded to pro using your ESS licence.

Thank Post
    Thanks will pass you on to the new tech!

11. Thanks to abillybob from:

SiliconAlley_Karen (22nd September 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread