VeryPC (7th May 2014)
Works for me!
VeryPC (7th May 2014)
can I get in on this please, or is it too late?
mac_shinobi! You're such a genius. I love reading your posts because they are always amusing/informative/interesting/entertaining/intelligent (pick your favourite adjective). :in-lieu-of-a-brown-nose-smiley:
...course, maybe those of us who have been helpful in other ways *cough *CV *cough could get extra entries from grateful geeks
I admit to having completely lost track of this thread thanks to being very busy. To save me going back through tens of pages, please would someone explain the bonus entries for me?
In addition to the standard entry, you get an extra bonus entry if something you post gets put on the board in the video and another if you guess who actually won. [They're drawing avatars not names.]
Everyone is capped at 3 entries, so it's still fair.
X-13 has it there @elsiegee40
In addition I would say that the winner gains nothing if no-one recognises their avatar. It is simply a bonus entry for whichever competition entrant correctly names the winner from the pic of their avatar that we draw and hold up in the video.
Let's recap officially:
Bonus entry system for Prize-a-day-May as it currently stands:
- Submit some sort of amusing pic that we print out and pin to our notice board in the video (it's a physical board on a digital board, how meta!)
- Bonus entries for the above category are capped at ONE. Submit as many pics as you like; we'll pin them if we like them, but only ONE entry.
- We use the avatar you have when we process your entry and download the little pic. We keep a record of this. It doesn't matter if you subsequently change your avatar, we will refer to our record to confirm winners.
- Be the first to correctly identify the winner from their avatar as drawn in-video.
- Bonus entries for the above category are capped at ONE. You can still play after you have already won one, but we will ask you to nominate another entrant to receive the bonus entry.
- Go above and beyond. Impress us with something really creative. A great example is @Gonk submitting a theme tune sung by himself. There will not be many of these awarded as they take an extra effort.
- Bonus entries in the above particular category are not limited, EXCEPT by the overall bonus entry limit which is as follows...
- The maximum bonus entries anyone can earn is TWO. This means that the maximum entries anyone can have, including their original entry, is capped at THREE. This maximum remains THREE regardless of whether your ticket(s) is(are) actually in the chassis at the time (i.e. have been drawn out because you won something).
Hope that clears it up. Thanks to all who have been helpful in explaining stuff along the way - your contributions are appreciated.
Last edited by VeryPC; 7th May 2014 at 09:45 AM.
hallb15 (7th May 2014)
Am i still on one entry? Not had chance to watch any videos.
I'm having twins! (Well the Mrs is... but you get the point)Go above and beyond. Impress us with something really creative.
(It impressed me, I think that's the most creative I will ever be! )
and if that doesn't work can I go for the sympathy vote? haha
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)