+ Post New Thread
Page 22 of 83 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 1231
Our Advertisers Thread, MADvent 2013 - 25 days of prizes and free sweets for all entrants! in Purchasing and Trading; Originally Posted by sonofsanta Is it salty ? That's the exact joke I resisted making....
  1. #316

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    8,862
    Thank Post
    589
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    805
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    Is it salty?
    That's the exact joke I resisted making.

  2. #317

    sonofsanta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Posts
    4,829
    Thank Post
    840
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 962 Posts
    Blog Entries
    47
    Rep Power
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    That's the exact joke I resisted making.
    *shrug* I am weak.

  3. #318

    bladedanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,263
    Thank Post
    187
    Thanked 297 Times in 223 Posts
    Rep Power
    129
    Mystery solved everyone. @VeryPC or the mail person is not to blame for my lack of advent calendar. It did indeed arrive Tuesday and was promptly eaten by Y1.

  4. #319

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    8,862
    Thank Post
    589
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    805
    Quote Originally Posted by bladedanny View Post
    It did indeed arrive Tuesday and was promptly eaten by Y1.
    What?

    Opening someone else's mail is illegal. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!

  5. #320

    bladedanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,263
    Thank Post
    187
    Thanked 297 Times in 223 Posts
    Rep Power
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    What?

    Opening someone else's mail is illegal. OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
    It apparently just had the school name on it so they opened it to see who's it might be. Obviously with it been a Peppa Pig calendar my name was probably (hopefully) the last one that came to mind. They didn't know what to do with it so they passed it to the Y1 teacher.

    It's ok though. We've made an agreement that I get all the strawberry and orange cremes from any roses or quality streets they get.

  6. #321

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    8,862
    Thank Post
    589
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    805
    Quote Originally Posted by bladedanny View Post
    We've made an agreement that I get all the strawberry and orange cremes from any roses or quality streets they get.
    Seems fair.

    Though I would have had a go at whoever just gave it out.

    If you didn't order it, DON'T TAKE IT.

  7. #322

    bladedanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,263
    Thank Post
    187
    Thanked 297 Times in 223 Posts
    Rep Power
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Seems fair.

    Though I would have had a go at whoever just gave it out.

    If you didn't order it, DON'T TAKE IT.
    Nah, I don't blame them. We get a lot of freebies like this from various places at xmas time. I guess they though it was something like that.

    Plus I'd look silly losing my head over a peppa pig advent calendar.

  8. Thanks to bladedanny from:

    VeryPC_Colin_M (6th December 2013)

  9. #323

    VeryPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,988
    Thank Post
    1,068
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 580 Posts
    Rep Power
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by bladedanny View Post
    And the customer's awesomeness?????
    Of course - that's why we have previously delivered your stuff in person!

  10. #324

    VeryPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,988
    Thank Post
    1,068
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 580 Posts
    Rep Power
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by bladedanny View Post
    It apparently just had the school name on it so they opened it to see who's it might be. Obviously with it been a Peppa Pig calendar my name was probably (hopefully) the last one that came to mind. They didn't know what to do with it so they passed it to the Y1 teacher.

    It's ok though. We've made an agreement that I get all the strawberry and orange cremes from any roses or quality streets they get.
    We just checked a copy of the label; it did have you on as the contact actually but I guess they missed that. I only say this so that everyone knows we are not sending out incompletely addressed consignments.

    The fact that it went to the kids makes me feel a lot better about the whole situation though.

    Al

  11. #325
    HaleStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,032
    Thank Post
    89
    Thanked 164 Times in 144 Posts
    Rep Power
    93
    Haha @bladedanny got Choc-Blocked by a Y1 class

  12. 3 Thanks to HaleStorm:

    bladedanny (6th December 2013), sparkeh (6th December 2013), VeryPC_Colin_M (6th December 2013)

  13. #326

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    8,862
    Thank Post
    589
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    805
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryPC View Post
    Of course - that's why we have previously delivered your stuff in person!
    ...where's MY personal delivery!

  14. #327

    sonofsanta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Posts
    4,829
    Thank Post
    840
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 962 Posts
    Blog Entries
    47
    Rep Power
    603
    At checkout you should totally have Economy Delivery, Next Day Delivery and BMTB Experience Delivery. If opting for the latter (34.99) then @VeryPC_Colin_M turns up and stands in the car park holding your item until you yell BRING ME THE BOX! at him.

  15. Thanks to sonofsanta from:

    hallb15 (6th December 2013)

  16. #328

    VeryPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,988
    Thank Post
    1,068
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 580 Posts
    Rep Power
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    ...where's MY personal delivery!
    I believe Tom and Andy left some stuff for you the other day - that has to qualify as hand delivered n'est-ce-pas?

    Al

  17. #329

    VeryPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1,988
    Thank Post
    1,068
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 580 Posts
    Rep Power
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    At checkout you should totally have Economy Delivery, Next Day Delivery and BMTB Experience Delivery. If opting for the latter (34.99) then @VeryPC_Colin_M turns up and stands in the car park holding your item until you yell BRING ME THE BOX! at him.
    I REALLY love this idea! I want to make it a super-premium-ultra-luxury option though - charge like, 1500 and get him to dress up as a teddy bear or something.

    Al

  18. Thanks to VeryPC from:

    hallb15 (6th December 2013)

  19. #330

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    8,862
    Thank Post
    589
    Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,316 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    805
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryPC View Post
    I believe Tom and Andy left some stuff for you the other day - that has to qualify as hand delivered n'est-ce-pas?

    Al
    A bunch of prototype "Pens" and a pleather VeryPC branded folder [that Tom didn't want as he has a million billion of them].

    And they were here for a meeting... I'm not feeling the love. []

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. STOCKTOBER2! A month of prizes and sweeties from VeryPC
    By VeryPC in forum Our Advertisers
    Replies: 2739
    Last Post: 3rd February 2014, 03:49 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st March 2013, 10:57 PM
  3. The VeryPC MADvent Calendar - 25 days of prizes
    By VeryPC in forum Our Advertisers
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 21st December 2012, 04:09 PM
  4. SWGfL and free texting for parents
    By witch in forum South West Grid for Learning (SWGfL)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th August 2010, 01:13 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th August 2009, 07:07 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •