Our Advertisers Thread, Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza! in Purchasing and Trading; Hello gentle folk of the long quiet academic summer, diligently working away on all the projects there are never time ...
7th August 2013, 05:53 PM #1
Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza!
Hello gentle folk of the long quiet academic summer, diligently working away on all the projects there are never time to do during term-time with all the staff and student distractions. We know you're really busy getting stuff ready for September, but do hope that you're enjoying the space and freedom of an empty school for a few weeks.
Well, if you're a lover of peace and quiet, I'm sorry to say that it's about to be shattered by the VeryPC BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza. Our (very) amateur dramatics troop is warming up and preparing to make a few appearances in episodes of the next VeryPC competition:
I'm sure you don't want to think about it right now, but you have to face the impending return of your school/college/academy/institution/submarine/barn's attendees. They'll be back soon and making your life more difficult than it really needs to be, so why not distract yourself from the stress for the next 3 weeks by trying to win some lovely prizes!
Here's how it's going to work:
- The competition is open to ICT/IT/Network Manager and Technician types working in educational establishments in the UK with active EduGeek accounts.
- Entries are now open and will remain so until midnight on Thursday 29th August 2013.
- 1 standard entry per individual human being fulfilling the criteria in item 1 above.
- Qualification for bonus entries may be introduced if we think of a fun way to make you earn them later on (e.g. sending in daft pictures)
- To enter, PM the @VeryPC EduGeek account (this one) with the subject line "BACK TO SCHOOL" and your professional contact details(we only use these sparingly and do not share with 3rd parties, so you have no need to fear a spambardment as a result).
- Every entrant will be sent some sweeties as a thank you for entering after the whole thing is over (please specify if you would prefer vegan sweets).
- There will be 15 smaller (but good - well, mostly good) prize winners drawn on each working day during the competition.
- The smaller daily prizes will be shown, but then numbered in secret for selection by the winners.
- A daily winner draw will be made on Monday 12th August 2013, then every working day afterwards until the final daily draw on Friday 30th August 2013.
- Each daily winner will have the opportunity to select a number from those that remain and their corresponding prize will be revealed.
- Daily winners will have their name removed from the draw until the end of the month (though they may have bonus entries that remain in the draw, see item 4 above).
- All entries, both standard and bonus (see item 4) will be returned to the draw after the final daily draw and before the star prize draw.
- There will 1 star prize winner of a lovely VeryPC computer drawn at the end of the competition.
- The star prize winner will be drawn on Friday 30th August 2013.
- Further details (and piccies!) of the prizes will be announced shortly.
- All winner draws and prize reveals will be captured on video for digital archaeologists of the future (and also posted for immediate viewing).
- I think that's it - we reserve the right to add any reasonable terms that we forgot to do now later on, just in case we've left a loophole that entitles one of you to buy our company for a dollar or something.
So folks, set your YouTube Filters to "off" (it is the summer holidays, after all), get your PMs sent in and start rubbing your hands in maniacal glee as you anticipate all the lovely goodies that are up for grabs.
This was a looooong post - glad to get it out of the way - fun to follow - prize info and piccies to follow - I'll sign off with another promotional graphic:
Al (Marketing Gnome of VeryPC Meadows)
IDG Tech News
7th August 2013, 06:30 PM #2
Back to school, BACK to school, BACK TO SCHOOL..... GET OUT!!!!!!
8th August 2013, 10:19 AM #3
Ha - you love 'em really. You wouldn't have a job without them, and we wouldn't have a business without you, so come on kids and teachers, get BACK TO SCHOOL!
Originally Posted by plexer
Don't forget to enter the competition Ben - PM me to confirm you're in.
8th August 2013, 06:14 PM #4
9th August 2013, 10:38 AM #5
Just to clarify, what's the stance on Local Authority employees supporting schools?
The competition is open to ICT
/IT/Network Manager and Technician types working in educational establishments in the UK with active EduGeek accounts.
9th August 2013, 10:45 AM #6
That's fine - come on in!
Originally Posted by Rawns
As far as I'm concerned you are involved in the provision of ICT to schools and therefore an important part of our demographic. I guess there are various different levels and types of way you can be a techy for education, so even if you don't work directly for a school but are involved in ICT for education in any way you qualify. I guess most users of EduGeek would fit into this category. Don't want people missing out because of an unintended technicality.
9th August 2013, 10:49 AM #7
I'll doff my hat to you sir once I've PM'ed my details!
Originally Posted by VeryPC
9th August 2013, 12:34 PM #8
More prize details
Since we've not had many entrants yet, the chances of winning a prize are much higher than usual. PM me your professional contact details and we'll add you to the bucket. The sooner you do it, the greater your chance of being picked.
First prize winner will be picked on Monday. If it's you, you get to "scratch off" a number below to reveal which daily prize you have won. We've randomised the order of the prizes and hidden them behind the numbers, so be lucky!
And in case you're wondering just what all those daily prizes are exactly, allow me to enlighten you in the style of Channel 5's "The Gadget Show" - [takes deep breath...]:
- A set of moulded Batman's head earbud headphones,
- A soft bee screen cleaner,
- A cool Converse digital watch,
- A Dead Fred pen holder,
- A Break in Case of Emergency mug and biscuit tin,
- A heat reactive Game Over mug,
- A pre-order of Grand Theft Auto 5 in either Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 format*,
- A Henry desktop mini vacuum cleaner,
- A heat reactive Manic Miner mug,
- A microwavable snuggly cute polar bear bedtime warmer,
- Create your own monster modelling clay,
- A Pac-Man alarm clock,
- A Pac-Man bottle opener,
- A Splat Stan coaster and mug,
- A pre-order copy of Star Trek Into Darkness on DVD**.
...aaand relax! [gulps for breath]
That should give you something to salivate over and 15 more reasons to join in right now - PM me your details to get involved.
*GTAV released on September 17th. You will receive your copy at the earliest opportunity, but there may be delays due to waiting lists.
**Star Trek Into Darkness released on September 2nd. You will receive your copy at the earliest opportunity, but there may be delays due to waiting lists.
Last edited by VeryPC; 9th August 2013 at 12:36 PM.
9th August 2013, 12:37 PM #9
Hands down. you guys seem to find the worlds greatest, coolest prizes!!!
2 Thanks to Rawns:
VeryPC (9th August 2013), VeryPC_Colin_M (9th August 2013)
9th August 2013, 12:54 PM #10
Be sure to get all your schools to enter Paul! I mean who could live without A Break in Case of Emergency mug and biscuit tin?!
9th August 2013, 01:39 PM #11
Looking forward to seeing what prize I might win think the biscuit tin would be good for our office as it has red walls but I wouldn't mind a copy of GTA 5 too..
9th August 2013, 01:47 PM #12
Got to be the biscuit tin xenonive, it's got to be! Good luck to you and thanks for entering.
9th August 2013, 02:07 PM #13
One of my customers (he who shall not be named) who's just entered says he already has a microwavable snuggly cute polar bear bedtime warmer! LOL! Well 2 is better than 1..!
9th August 2013, 02:15 PM #14
That's because we're all massive geeks and live on the internet. Especially our Technical Manager @VeryPC_Ed who already knows beforehand everything about anything you mention to him (it is rumoured in the office that he "completes the internet" every morning before breakfast).
Originally Posted by Rawns
9th August 2013, 02:19 PM #15
It's a tough one...
Originally Posted by xenonive
GTAV... ...Cool mug and biscuit tin... ...GTAV... ...Cool mug and...
Oh who am I kidding? I want the stupid video game! Pity I can't enter...
By CPLTD in forum Our Advertisers
Last Post: 1st October 2009, 12:49 PM
By SYNACK in forum NZ General Chat
Last Post: 2nd February 2009, 09:34 PM
By JohnMason in forum Our Advertisers
Last Post: 3rd September 2008, 03:38 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)