+ Post New Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Our Advertisers Thread, Free sweets and daily prizes in our BACK TO SCHOOL bonanza! in Purchasing and Trading; Originally Posted by siuko ...that Shai-Hulud looks fantastic on there!!! Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,047 Times in 599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by siuko View Post
    ...that Shai-Hulud looks fantastic on there!!!

Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.
    Whoah - you are a Dune uber-geek my friend. I didn't even realise there was a proper Arrakis (Fremen?) word for the worms, but now I think about it there had to be really.

...and another quote - do you go around making moral points by quoting chapter and verse from Frank Herbert?

Glad you like the teaser BTW.

Al

Thank Post
    Indeed Al,

All my morals are from the Fremen customs....

And anyone who crosses me gets a Crysknife to free their water! :P

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,642 Times in 1,466 Posts
    Will there be a mouse trap in stockober2 for these pesky mice that have just been delivered

Given them to the receptionists to enjoy as a dose of pure sugar wouldn't be good for me.

Ta.

Ben

Thank Post
    Out of curiosity shoot me down for asking but would you guys do personal etching requests if someone wanted some artwork designed onto metal sheeting for display?

Mind you that would be a cool stocktober2 prize a laser etching onto a sheet as a lesser option compared to the main prize of a pc.

Just thinking out loud don't mind me.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    Will there be a mouse trap in stockober2 for these pesky mice that have just been delivered

Given them to the receptionists to enjoy as a dose of pure sugar wouldn't be good for me.

Ta.

Ben
    Good idea - a Brandy SNAP! perhaps?

Re sugar and not-being-good-for-you-ness: Dan our web developer (you may have seen him in some of the vids) challenged me to film a STOCKTOBER2! video after eating a whole box of (60) sugar mice. I refused.

Al

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by north-ict View Post
    Out of curiosity shoot me down for asking but would you guys do personal etching requests if someone wanted some artwork designed onto metal sheeting for display?

Mind you that would be a cool stocktober2 prize a laser etching onto a sheet as a lesser option compared to the main prize of a pc.

Just thinking out loud don't mind me.
    Not really something we'd really get involved in as we're not a marking company, we just use the machine we have for marking our own products. We don't have supplies of metal sheets for doing this sort of work either. TBH it can be quite time consuming converting artwork into laser etching profiles so it has the potential to end up quite expensive too if not part of an order for our PC products.

Nice idea though - I daresay there are marking companies around who can perform this service and they should be able to offer more options anyway.

Al

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryPC View Post
    Not really something we'd really get involved in as we're not a marking company, we just use the machine we have for marking our own products. We don't have supplies of metal sheets for doing this sort of work either. TBH it can be quite time consuming converting artwork into laser etching profiles so it has the potential to end up quite expensive too if not part of an order for our PC products.

Nice idea though - I daresay there are marking companies around who can perform this service and they should be able to offer more options anyway.

Al

Yeah I kinda figured that. The engraving looks good though

8. Thanks to north-ict from:

VeryPC (18th September 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by north-ict View Post
    Yeah I kinda figured that. The engraving looks good though
    Sorry to disappoint, and thanks!

Al

Thank Post
    Al,

Just wanted to say a massive Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou!!!!

Have received my prize! And I have got to say how fantastic the laser etching is... looks great.

The other thing is... HOW SMALL are these things lol (About the size of a hard back book if anyone is wondering)

Sorry I've not had chance to plug it in and test it yet (and I'm on holiday next week yay!) but I will have a look once I get back.

Big thank you to you all at Very PC.
    Last edited by siuko; 20th September 2013 at 08:19 AM.

11. Thanks to siuko from:

VeryPC (20th September 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by siuko View Post
    Al,

Just wanted to say a massive Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou!!!!

Have received my prize! And I have got to say how fantastic the laser etching is... looks great.

The other thing is... HOW SMALL are these things lol (About the size of a hard back book if anyone is wondering)

Sorry I've not had chance to plug it in and test it yet (and I'm on holiday next week yay!) but I will have a look once I get back.

Big thank you to you all at Very PC.
    You're very welcome @siuko

It was a real pleasure to send it out knowing you'd be receiving something that you had designed yourself. We're all really chuffed that you like it so much.

Al

13. Thanks to VeryPC from:

siuko (20th September 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920