Greetings fellow Edugeeks.
We've got a brand new competition coming up for March 2013 called
March Madness GriddleMarch Status Quote Muskrat BoxingBeat it OR Eat it! Or to give it its full (less catchy) title "We'll beat your quote, or you'll eat some sweeties".
The grand prize at the end of the month will be an awesome VeryPC Thinbook laptop, but you'll also have plenty of opportunities to win sweeties throughout the month of March. Here's how it works:
- You send us a copy of a recent quote for potential IT purchases for your school (genuine quote from other supplier dated 2013 required) to email@example.com with "Beat it or Eat it!" in the subject line.
- You get 1 entry into the grand prize draw.
- We try to give you a better price, which results in either:
- We "Beat it" and you have a great value quote to consider, plus we'll give you 2 extra entries into the prize draw, or
- We can't better the price and compensate for this shocking state of affairs by sending you some free sweeties. You "Eat it", but get no extra entries into the draw.
- You can send us as many quotes as you like, as long as they are all current genuine quotes and for different stuff each time.
- The competition is open to anyone on Edugeek who is involved in IT purchasing for a school/college/academy etc.
- We'll post weekly update videos in March to keep you interested and, if you're really lucky, there may even be the odd spot prize up for grabs.
- The grand prize draw will be made on Friday 29th March 2013 in the final video.
More about that grand prize:
VPC-Thinbook-back-open-800px.jpg VPC-Thinbook-front-open-800px.jpg 6_big.jpg 5_big.jpg
- VeryPC Thinbook 14" laptop.
- 3rd gen i5 processor, 4GB RAM, SSD
- Windows 7 or 8 home/basic
- USB 3.0
- Card reader
- HDMI and VGA out
- Ethernet and wireless LAN
You can start sending in those quotes for us to beat right away, so come on, challenge us!
Good luck everybody.
Al (the marketing fella)
OTHER REJECTED COMPETITION NAMES:
Your quote we'll beaty, or you get sweety!
We'll beat your quote or build you a moat!
Us not better price = something nice (for you).
When we can't exceed your expectations, we'll administer embrocations.
Last edited by VeryPC; 20th February 2013 at 01:59 PM.
That looks like a VERY nice notebook
Going to be something in a future product line?
>Nearly the end of the financial year
>Still thinks schools have budget left
jamesfed (20th February 2013)
We can cater for pretty much any technical requirement by customising the specs of all our products, so if you need something with a vPro board for example, contact our sales guys and just tell them what you're after (you could even drop off a quote and get yourself involved in Beat it or Eat it while you're at it).
multipoint (20th February 2013)
Do you guys do Toners? If so do you have to have cheapest price on whole lot or just some items?
Hi Rad ,Do you guys do Toners? If so do you have to have cheapest price on whole lot or just some items?
Our Awesome marketing Man Al is off ill today - so I am stepping in as "Beat IT" Host for the day .
In response to your questions;
Do we do toners ? - Yes we do and yes we can !
Is it cheapest price on whole lot or just some items? Either you choose what we need to beat and provide us with the quote to beat it !
To confirm the items that qualify for "Beat IT" is anything IT , so no matter how specialist , obscure or run of the mill we welcome the challenge !
Just send your quote to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Beat it or Eat it!" in the subject line and let us know what item/s we need to beat!
Looking forward to receiving your "Beat IT " entry
I'm new to my job and have taking over purchasing, so this will be very handy to have, I will hopefully dropping you an e-mail sometime this month
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)