+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Our Advertisers Thread, Beat it OR Eat it! Score free sweeties from VeryPC in Purchasing and Trading; Originally Posted by andrew_91090 I'm new to my job and have taking over purchasing, so this will be very handy ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew_91090 View Post
    I'm new to my job and have taking over purchasing, so this will be very handy to have, I will hopefully dropping you an e-mail sometime this month
    Thanks Andrew ! Glad to hear we hopefully can be of service !

And Sorry for the delayed response - attempting and yes.. failing to multitask (My version seems to unfortunately yield the net result of .... no further work acheived.)

Looking forward to your "Beat it" request .

Andy

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    @VeryPC - If I beat it up with a bat like a Piñata can I get some sweets
    You're welcome to try. Tell you what, submit a video of yourself battering a "Piñata" (read: anything you want really) and we'll send you some sweets just for effort. Just don't injure yourself doing it.

In fact, anyone submitting "Beat it" or "Eat it" or both themed videos to this thread will receive sweeties as a reward - feeling generous today.

Just be careful folks - "No technicians were harmed in the making of this video" please.

Don't be shy - submit those videos - costumes are encouraged.

Al

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryPC View Post
    Tell you what, submit a video of yourself battering a "Piñata" (read: anything you want really) and we'll send you some sweets just for effort.
    I'm tempted to make a short video of VeryPC Beagle and SoftCat going out happy slapping... [Is "happy slapping" still a thing?]

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    I'm tempted to make a short video of VeryPC Beagle and SoftCat going out happy slapping... [Is "happy slapping" still a thing?]
    I think I would even pay to see this haha

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew_91090 View Post
    I think I would even pay to see this haha
    ...I really want to do it.

But, I KNOW I'm going to do stupid voices... Like faux-gangster speak.

Thank Post

Beat it OR Eat it! teaser video. Win a laptop

It's not quite March yet, but here's a little something to whet your appetite (and maybe inspire a few copycat beating videos?):

We've had a few challenges so far. If you haven't already, send your quote (proper one please) to sales@very-pc.co.uk with "Beat it or Eat it!" in the subject line.

Cheers folks,

Al

7. Thanks to VeryPC from:

multipoint (27th February 2013)

Thank Post
    In fact, anyone submitting "Beat it" or "Eat it" or both themed videos to this thread will receive sweeties as a reward - feeling generous today.
    Send me sweeties and all submit you a video of me eating them.

Thank Post

Beat it OR Eat it! Win a laptop

Just a bump to remind you all to keep sending those quotes in. We'll do our best to give you a better price, and if we can't, you'll get sweeties to say how sorry we are.

Every unique challenge you submit will earn you another entry into our laptop draw for the end of the month, and if we do beat the other quote, you'll get 2 additional entries (but no sweeties I'm afraid - it is called Beat it OR Eat it after all).

See the top of the thread for the full details: Beat it OR Eat it! Score free sweeties from VeryPC

And if you're wondering what sort of stuff you can challenge us on, the answer is anything IT related for your school - laptop trolleys, iPads, interactive whiteboards, software, visualisers etc etc etc... If it turns out to be something we can't supply, you'll still get an entry into the laptop draw and some sweets to make up for it.

So increase your chances of miraculously suddenly owning a fantastic VeryPC laptop and/or some tasty sweets - send your quote challenges to sales@very-pc.co.uk now.

Thanks folks,

Al

Thank Post

Win this lovely laptop!

Hey folks

We've uploaded a smashing new product showcase video of our VeryPC laptop, the Thinbook and posted in our Showcase thread over in the AV and Multimedia Forum (newly sponsored by us): VeryPC Product Video Showcase

Or save yourself the journey, and just watch it right here:

Remember if you want a chance to win this you need to submit a quote for us to try and beat (if we can't you'll get sweeties to say sorry, so there are no disappointments here). All the details are in the first post of this thread: Beat it OR Eat it! Score free sweeties from VeryPC

Thanks a lot online edu peoples!

Al

Thank Post
    Just curious if you have a page that shows a base build of the thintop with specs and price. So you can select additional items and it updates the spec and price etc. similar to apple / dell etc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    Just curious if you have a page that shows a base build of the thintop with specs and price. So you can select additional items and it updates the spec and price etc. similar to apple / dell etc
    Currenty we don't have that kind of functionality on our website, but guess what?

We are working on a major relaunch of the VeryPC website right now. Phase 1 will be a brand new site with bang up to date information and product details (adding many many new products). We'll also be adding useful information for education IT managers to use as a reference and tasty news snippets that will be of interest to our customers. Phase 2 will be ecommerce, where the kind of thing you're talking about kicks in. Can't give you a specific date just yet, but stay tuned to www.very-pc.co.uk for the updates, which are not too far away...

Of course we'll keep the Edugeek community informed as and when the lovely fresh newness arrives - I've seen it growing, and it's going to be a beautiful monster!

Al
    Last edited by VeryPC; 22nd March 2013 at 03:30 PM. Reason: typo correction

Thank Post

Winner's draw coming soon

Hey folks [slightly sheepish demeanour]

Some of you may be wondering just what happened to the Beat it or Eat it competition last month. The truth is we've been working flat out on creating our new website, and simply haven't had time to do the competition updates or announce the winner.

I'd like to apologise personally for this, as it's my responsibility to make sure these competitions run smoothly. I ask for your patience while we polish off the final touches to the new website, and later in April we'll announce the winner of the laptop as promised (if a little late).

I think that when you see the result of our hard work on the new website, you'll agree that we were right to focus our efforts in that direction. We've got a brand new look, improved usability, responsive design, lots more product and company information which is much better organised, and in future we'll be posting useful guides with the kind of hints and tips that we've learnt over the years and deserve to be shared.

To mark the upcoming refresh, we've launched our placeholder page to watch the door while we work inside. No ordinary "site under construction" page, it has actually been properly designed itself and contains a handy digest on the products and services of VeryPC down the scroll. I think it's the best placeholder page ever frankly, but I am pretty biased. Oh, and there's a little treat hidden away for Edugeeks - get over there and get hunting to find out what (trust me, if you have a sweet tooth, it'll be worth your while).

https://www.very-pc.co.uk/

And remember, that winner's draw coming later in the month!

Cheers,

Al

Thank Post
    And remember, that winner's draw coming later in the month!

Cheers,

Al
    Hey Al,

How much later in the month???

I'm sure its not just me that's drooling over the prospect of a shiny new laptop!

Thank Post

Thinbook prize draw today - at last!

Hello

I am happy to announce that we'll finally be drawing the winner of our Beat it or Eat it competition. I know it's much later than previously announced, but website building duties took precedence I'm afraid.

Stay woven to this thread to find out which of our entrants will win the VeryPC Thinbook laptop.

Al
    Last edited by VeryPC; 3rd June 2013 at 09:26 AM. Reason: past to future tense - I don't have the foresight!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,275 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well I know it wasn't me...I didn't enter!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast