Rawns (30th November 2012)
Hi gang - who wants to win prizes?
It's the last day of November, and time to announce our December prizedraw! We're doing a [crazy] video advent calendar with the highly original name of 'The VeryPC Madvent Calendar' (just call me Madvent for short). 25 days of prizes (Christmassy treats and big star prizes too!) to be given away to the lucky IT managers and techs on Edugeek.
...and when we say prize draws, we're talking about proper VeryPC computers here, not lame 3rd party games consoles and such!
To Enter, all you need to do is send a quote request to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Madvent' in the subject line and remember to include your professional contact details and Edugeek username (for the draws). There is no obligation to place an order, you will be entered for each quote request regardless, but as an incentive to request more quotes and do some actual ordering, we'll increase your entries into the draw for both of these extra activities.
Here's how it's going to be:
- As a thank you to the 'Stocktobians', anyone who previously signed up to Stocktober will be automatically included for the first 7 days only.
- After doors 1-7, you must have submitted a quote request in December 2012 to enter Madvent (a single quote request will keep you in the draw for the whole calendar up to the final door, number 25).
- If you put in multiple quote requests for different products, we'll add your name again once for each additional quote request (maximum 1 per week), thus increasing your chance of winning.
- If you place an order with us during December 2012 or have ordered with us since we started sponsoring Edugeek (14th August 2012) we'll add your name an additional 3 times over and above any entries associated with quote requests (only 3 extra entries for all orders total).
- The number of entries per name will be capped at 5, even if your additional entries add up to more than 5.
- Unless stated otherwise below, we'll draw a single prize winner each weekday and reveal their prize corresponding to the same numbered door on the Madvent calendar.
- Mondays will be Triple Draw Madvent Mondays(!) to open the doors missed over the weekend plus that Monday's door.
- Monday 10th and Monday 17th will also be Star prize draw days.
- Friday 21st will wrap up the promotion before we break up for Christmas and be a Quintuple Draw Christmas Extravaganza covering doors 21-25 with the final Star prize draw, which will correspond to the 25th.
- Madvent ends with the final draw on Friday 21st December 2012 - no activity after that date counts toward entries into the prize draws.
Hope that's clear - get those quote requests in to email@example.com (big or small, size doesn't matter to us luckily) to be in with a shot for the star prizes. Anyone who didn't previously enter Stocktober should get their quote requests in ASAP to be in the mix from day 1.
Now here is a pretty graphic illustrating the [bonkers] concept:
Last edited by VeryPC; 30th November 2012 at 04:18 PM.
Rawns (30th November 2012)
So it's all reliant on quotes... That's lame.
We have no money.
Allowing people to have multiple entries is also lame. It's pay-to-win.
Don't worry, the quote requests are obligation free, so it will not cost you anything to have extra entries in the draw. As for orders placed, we do want to reward our paying customers by giving them a better chance of winning, but the extra entries are no guarantee that their name will be drawn.
Thinking about it, we should recognise our existing customers who have placed orders recently, so any Edugeek who has ordered with us since we became an Edugeek sponsor (14th August 2012) will get 3 extra entries right off the bat.
Can I have a quote for 100 mice please. Due to our office procedures can I have them on 100 separate quotes please?
100 Entries right?
Interesting I was meaning to get a quote for comparison purchases for our new ICT rooms.
Can we just give a spec of PC we want and you create it or are the machines of fixed specification?
zag (30th November 2012)
Thanks, guess I'll be first one to send through a quote.
Thanks, looks set to be a fun month :')
so as i took part in Stocktober im in the draw for the first seven days??
Looking forward to some more verypc madness! I hope the draw reveals will be Santa and elf helpers themed lol!
jamesfed Well there is one way you could find out. Put a quote request into firstname.lastname@example.org for the spec you are interested in and see what you get back (don't forget to put 'Madvent' in the subject line to officially enter the competition at the same time).
HINT (to the possible success of your query):
We specialise in
There ain't much in the way of specs we can't build for our customers, so my advice is always get in touch and ask!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)