+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast
Our Advertisers Thread, VeryPC STOCKTOBER - A Month of Freebies! in Purchasing and Trading; Hi Everyone Great news for lovers of freebies (aren't we all?) coming up right now. VeryPC have a surplus stock ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 595 Posts

VeryPC STOCKTOBER - A Month of Freebies!

Hi Everyone

Great news for lovers of freebies (aren't we all?) coming up right now.

VeryPC have a surplus stock cupboard full of old samples, testing kit and other gubbins that we don't need anymore and we want to give it all away for free! We've got graphics cards, processors, memory, drives, Kensington locks and loads of other bits and bobs you can get your hands on. We'll be giving something away every day during October, so sign up now to get your name in the hat right away.

All you need to do is email your professional contact details (your name, school's name and address, telephone and email) and Edugeek username to sales@very-pc.co.uk with "STOCKTOBER" in the subject line. We'll add you to the list and draw out a name every day. You get to pick one from the unopened boxes numbered 1-31 and the contents are yours to keep.

It's mostly great stuff, but we've thrown in a few comedy booby prizes to make it interesting, so here's hoping that luck is on your side!

Al (the marketing geezer at veryPC)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 1st October 2013 at 10:00 AM.

2. 14 Thanks to VeryPC:

dezt (4th October 2012), eddyc (1st October 2012), gumbygaz (28th September 2012), hardtailstar (28th September 2012), jdoldridge (1st October 2012), LeMarchand (6th November 2012), multipoint (28th September 2012), nephilim (28th September 2012), Oaktech (28th September 2012), Rawns (25th October 2012), speckytecky (5th October 2012), tb2571989 (8th October 2012), X-13 (4th October 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Your image is 403 - forbidden.

4. Thanks to X-13 from:

VeryPC (28th September 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Your image is 403 - forbidden.
    Thanks for the headsup X, it looked fine in my preview and initial posting - working on it now.

Cheers, Al

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryPC View Post
    Thanks for the headsup X, it looked fine in my preview and initial posting - working on it now.

Cheers, Al
    Your client has permission to view it.

Also, I will take your free stuff.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 787 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice name in hat!

Thank Post
    Details sent... Do we have to email everyday or do we get put back into the hat as it were? and if we win a prize do we get entered again?

Thank Post
    Will there be chocolate pizza in one of the boxes?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailstar View Post
    Details sent... Do we have to email everyday or do we get put back into the hat as it were? and if we win a prize do we get entered again?
    Good questions!

You don't have to email everyday - we'll keep your name in the hat for the whole month, so an early sign up gives you more chance of being drawn.

1 prize per entrant unless you get one of the few booby prizes, in which case your name will be put back in to give you a chance of winning a proper prize. This is because we'd like as many of you as possible to win something from the pot.

Cheers, Al.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaktech View Post
    Will there be chocolate pizza in one of the boxes?
    I'll have to ask Luke at Millgate for his dealer's contact details.

Al

12. Thanks to VeryPC from:

Oaktech (28th September 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I want to enter this... but I'm always wary of companies using things like this as [a?] carte blanche to bug me.

No offence, @VeryPC. I'm sure you're nice and everything, but I've never dealt with you as a company before.

Thank Post
    I take your point, X.

I'll not insult your intelligence by pretending that this isn't a marketing excercise (as well as a bit of fun for everyone too). Our recent successes have been down in part to successful lead generation then converting to new business (as well as the loyalty of our existing customers), so of course we'll want to make the most of any new relationships that we are able to develop here. The good news is that our sales guys all understand the importance of relationships, and are not willing to jeopardise a burgeoning account by annoying the decision maker with the "hard sell". We're really proud of our ability to retain business here at VeryPC, and that's down to the fact that we treat our customers with respect, politeness, friendliness and professionalism. We're a successful business so of course we're interested in making money, but if we can make friends and help people on the way, all the better for everyone involved.

So I respect your decision not to throw your details into the hat, but I'll open the invitation to you to contact me and get to know VeryPC a little better whenever you like so that I can prove that we really are as nice and everything as you kindly assumed we are. I'm not even on the sales desk, so you can be sure of getting no pressure from me.

Alan Robinson
    Head of Marketing
    alan.robinson@very-pc.co.uk
    0114 321 8609

P.S. I finally got the STOCKTOBER graphic to embed in the first post above - what do you think?

Thank Post
    (I haven't been paid to say this I promise)

I too am pretty wary about this kind of thing, and I have never had any dealings personally with VeryPC. BUT I have a number of friends in the industry who have, and I have worked with the machines which have been bought by others and I am pleased by the quality of the equipment I've used and my friends and acquaintances have all been highly complimentary about both product and service, so I am happy to throw my email into the pot and see what they can do for me.

16. Thanks to Oaktech from:

VeryPC (2nd October 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,410 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm in the same boat as Oaktech. My details were sent in this morning, so here is hoping...question though, what are the booby prizes?

18. Thanks to nephilim from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryPC View Post
    The good news is that our sales guys all understand the importance of relationships, and are not willing to jeopardise a burgeoning account by annoying the decision maker with the "hard sell".
    Think the main thing that gets me is when companies don't take no as an answer

Personally I'm always happy to take a look at options for the future, and finding out about them, but certain companies (or should I say individuals within a company) won't take no for an answer.. ever...

Taking Impero as an example, What started off as one phone call has now turned into getting pestered every other week, even after telling them no multiple times. And although I've used them in the past at other schools, I think they've pretty much alienated my current school from the amount of nusiance it's beginning to cause. (Not trying to have a go at Impero here, just saying certain sales people don't seem to get what is annoying and alienating clients, and what isn't )

Competition looks good though!

Steve

20. Thanks to Steve21 from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    I'm in the same boat as Oaktech. My details were sent in this morning, so here is hoping...question though, what are the booby prizes?
    We're just finalising those as a last minute addition - any suggestions?

Al

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast