The Dos_Box guide to watching the movie 'Skyline'
I finished work a bit early today so I could get to see this film at an afternoon screening. Spaceships, large CGI monsters, thrills. Great.......or not as it turned out. So here goes:
1. Buy ticket
2. Buy popcorn and drink
3. Find seat and sit down
4. Remove brain (I suspected I wasn't going to need it's use for this one)
5. Enjoy trailers for the new Tron film and Monsters
6. Film starts
7. Endure 30 mins of running, screaming, really bad dialog, more screaming, running and shouting at each other, before you realise that they haven't even left the building. And nor do they. It all takes place in the same apartment complex. It's like they spent all of the money on special effects and ran out of anything to use for external locations.
8. By the one hour point you feel safe to go to the loo because you are pretty sure you can fill in any gaps in the 'plot' on your return.
9. Return to seat to witness a running and screaming scene, or it may be the one I just left still ongoing. It's hard to tell.
10. Witness the end of the film. I say 'end', becasue it is clearly where the film stops and the end credits begin, but the film hasn't finished, no really, it hasn't. And it got really dumb in the last few mins then stops. Suddenly. Did they run out of money or did someone see sense and make them stop filming anymore I wonder?
Anyway, my recommendation is that you wait for the DVD if you want to see it, or just watch the trailer as it has all of the best bits in. It could have been a much better film with a tiny bit more effort put into it, but it isn't. I don't feel as cheated as I did when I saw Deep Impact (I still want that 2 hours of my life back), but I just felt dissapointed by it all.
Oh and if you like brains (seeing them) then this may be just the film for you........