+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Other Stuff Thread, What films scare you the most? in Fun Stuff; I'm not a great lover of modern horror films, they don't really do anything for me. Some of the Hammer ...

Thank Post
    I'm not a great lover of modern horror films, they don't really do anything for me. Some of the Hammer films were very good though along with the Omen films. I saw The Exorcist when it first came out and that was scary ... I was much younger then though. I don't find scenes in films scary, I do find some unpleasant or disturbing ... the dentist scene from Marathon Man and, more recently, some of the scenes in Sanctum (but then that's because I dive).

Thank Post

Mines a strange one but signs freaks me out.

Strange quiet children? check
    Elusive aliens that aren't revealed from the start? check
    terrible acting? check

Most gore/slasher films annoy me, the predictability and stupidity of the victims makes me somewhat root for the bad guy

Thank Post
    the most scary movie i've watched was the Exorcist...a little girl possessed by a demon.The scares come from a place based in Faith, where Heaven and hell are as real as your beliefs in them care to be. Faith, for all the documentation on the subject, is tethered to the intangible; it's not something science can define or strategize. The demon that comes from The Exorcist's interpretation of that idea is something more powerful than a Freddy or a Jason. Something that can't be shot or stabbed or detonated.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 1,131 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by romita06 View Post
    it's not something science can define or strategize.
    You underestimate science.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it has been yet but if ever Mo Hayder's The Devil of Nanking is turned into a film then that fabulously well written book would sure as heck make one totally scary movie. An absolutely fabulous read and although written as a novel based in no small part on historical fact.

Thank Post
    michale jacksons thriller the only time i watched it was when i was 2 and thats because my parents wernt in the room and i placed the type in the vcr (yes i had one of them)

i dont like the saw movies eather to graphic (my mind makes it worse)

but paranormal activity thats just funny

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bushby View Post
    michale jacksons thriller the only time i watched it was when i was 2 and thats because my parents wernt in the room and i placed the type in the vcr (yes i had one of them)

i dont like the saw movies eather to graphic (my mind makes it worse)

but paranormal activity thats just funny
    I refuse to watch anything related to Saw. Or 'Human Centipede'.

I remember watching the original 'The Thing' at a tender age of about 9 and it scared me half to death - I had nightmares for weeks.

I still can't watch 'Jurassic Park' or 'Lost World' without having nightmares about Velociraptors afterwards, even at the ripe old age of 29! Every single time, without fail, after watching Jurassic Park I will have a nightmare involving Velociraptors getting into my house. Given that the key 'Scary bit' was the T-Rex, that doesn't feature at all, yet the Velociraptors are always creeping through my house and I'm hiding myself in wardrobes and cupboards trying not to breathe... It's quite horrible actually. It doesn't help that my Kitten is particularly 'pointy' and to wake up from a Velociraptor-related nightmare with a no-so-tiny-anymore predator gnawing on my arm or licking my face and breathing fish-breath on me isn't the most calming experience... lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    I refuse to watch anything related to Saw. Or 'Human Centipede'.

I remember watching the original 'The Thing' at a tender age of about 9 and it scared me half to death - I had nightmares for weeks.

I still can't watch 'Jurassic Park' or 'Lost World' without having nightmares about Velociraptors afterwards, even at the ripe old age of 29! Every single time, without fail, after watching Jurassic Park I will have a nightmare involving Velociraptors getting into my house. Given that the key 'Scary bit' was the T-Rex, that doesn't feature at all, yet the Velociraptors are always creeping through my house and I'm hiding myself in wardrobes and cupboards trying not to breathe... It's quite horrible actually. It doesn't help that my Kitten is particularly 'pointy' and to wake up from a Velociraptor-related nightmare with a no-so-tiny-anymore predator gnawing on my arm or licking my face and breathing fish-breath on me isn't the most calming experience... lol
    The original got me when i was younger but it was the spitting one that used to keep me awake. Didn't help having a big poster of it across my room with its frills out ready to strike..

Seeing the original Childs Play while young was bad, i was stopping at my friends house and we walked in on his older brother and friends watching it. I think because we only saw a bit of it my mind filled in the blanks to be much worse, and my grandma had an old doll that looked a bit like him sat ontop of the wardrobe in the room i used to stop in when i stayed over (i was quite young, first school at the time)

Jus North of London, close but not too close
    Thank Post
    Spending a night in a tent with friend in my early teens watching Stephen Kings 'Salems Lot' on a portable battery TV in the middle of a field miles from civilisation.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by devonte View Post
    Wolf Creek Is the name of movie that scare me the most.
    Im looking forward to the sequel

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devonte View Post
    Wolf Creek Is the name of movie that scare me the most.
    what about --> Joanne Lees: Murder in the Outback - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345