+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Other Stuff Thread, What films scare you the most? in Fun Stuff; I have that next week...

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have that next week

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 980 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    I have that next week
    Oh then its totally fine, nothing to worry about

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,463 Times in 980 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I still dislike all the films that my brother and cousin allowed me to watch at an inappropriately young age. These include:
    *Poltergeist
    *Nightmare on Elm Street
    *Maniac Cop
    Plus many more.

As an adult, I have been scared by most of the Japanese horror films I have seen such as the Ring series, Dark Water, Audition *shiver*, The Grudge, One Missed Call... I really should stop watching these.

Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnixx View Post
    Does anyone remember the BBC 'Ghostwatch' Hallowe'en feature, shown in '92?
    ^^ This, when you could just make out that the shadow in the kids bedroom wasn't a shadow but someone standing in the corner *shiver*.

Finally, the most scary film I watched was the CCTV footage from school when we were there late at night and there was huge banging and crashing from a classroom... CCTV was empty.... very weird.

Thank Post
    The Thing is one of my fave films ever, had a hell of an atmosphere in it I thought

Alien - This was terrifying when I watched that at about 10 years old
    Watership Down - Another horrifying film from childhood and I am glad someone else wonders why that ever got a U rating, I am not the only one
    When the Wind Blows - Another awfully bad and traumatic cartoon film that I remember from good old Channel 4
    The Labyrinth - Another seriously scary film I recall from when I was about 12, David Bowie was scary in that film

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Oh then its totally fine, nothing to worry about
    Lol, really?!?!

Don't worry I know what it entails!

Thank Post
    Pretty much the same as most for me, The Ring series was terrifying (Japanese originals) first time I watched them as was Audition....bit with the sack anyone?

IT I watched at a stupidly young age and still I don't particularly like clowns as a result of it.

The first SAW film was incredible as well, although very gory that ending completely blew me away and made 3 20 year old lads all check their wardrobes before they went to sleep that night :-)

I do have a slightly strange one though.....Little Shop of Horrors with Rick Moranis (yes the musical!)....watched it a few times as a kid and it always gave me the same nightmare.....bizarrely years later I watched the exorcist and found that my nightmare caused by Little Shop of Horrors is actually taken from the exorcist....weird :-)

Thank Post
    I've always been freaked out by Sweeney Todd : Demon Barber of Seville...

I can't watch films or documentaries about it at all. (To clarify, I AM aware it is fiction, nevertheless...)

Thank Post
    Doubt it works if you grew up first with the routine gore that followed later, but I recall at a relatively tender, impressionable age trying to practice building walls in my mind.. just-in-case.. having watched the original Village of the Damned. Crisply cut blonde hair, expressionless faces, glowing eyes and so on, preyed on my mind for months, if not years... those kids were believable monsters and scared me sh^H^H *lots*.

Edit: Carrie bothered me a bit later/older - not least the end (being the first film I'd seen with one of those endings).
    Last edited by PiqueABoo; 8th August 2012 at 04:30 PM.

Thank Post
    I dont think Anyone has mention "REC" one of the most horrific and scary films I have ever seen! there also REC 2 and REC 3 out in September

[REC] teaser trailer (english version) - YouTube

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PiqueABoo View Post
    Edit: Carrie bothered me a bit later/older - not least the end (being the first film I'd seen with one of those endings).
    Now see Carrie made me sad - when I watched that I didn't find it at all scary - I just found it very very unfortunate. The way her mother is such a fundamentalist christian that she doesn't even tell her about the natural development of her body, the bullying at school, the destruction of her happy moment. Even the bit at the end where her friend has a traumatic hallucination. To me, it's not creepy, just sad.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 852 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The original Ring for me as well, the way that every time you see the film, she's a little bit further out of the well... and that soundtrack... the only film that genuinely makes me scared of the dark for a fortnight afterwards. I love that the DVD extra of that film carries a disclaimer of legal responsibility before you watch it as well!

Paranormal Activity was quite good but somewhat spoilt for me by having to watch it in two halves over two nights - the wife got too tense and made me turn it off she can't stand anything creepy or atmospheric, I don't particularly enjoy gore, so neither one of us has ever seen a whole Saw film despite having watched them all together - she has to hide her eyes when the talking doll is on, I hide my face when, say, someone is being squashed between two walls, or having their arm sliced straight down the middle.

Drag Me To Hell was quite good recently. Not seen Woman In Black yet but wanting to. Also love me some Alien and Event Horizon, but was thoroughly disappointed by Pandorium (or w/e it was called) recently. Has anyone seen Apollo 18 to know if that's up to much?

Weird childhood film, though? ET. Saw it when I was 4 round an aunt's and for a year afterwards my parents had to open my wardrobe every night to prove to me that ET wasn't in there waiting to get me. Don't know what it was about him, but something just rubbed me up the wrong way*.

*stop giggling you perverts

Thank Post
    Stephen King's IT - "We all float down here"
    The Thing - Awesome Film
    I made the mistake of watching the Korean version of "Shutter" after it being called the scariest movie ever made and people who claimed to be hardcore horror viewers, saying they were unable to sleep for days - it sucked.
    I found paranormal activity laughable.

I think the film that left me feeling the bleakest is "The Road", it has no redeeming features and is just a bleak bleak story.

The 80's was the best decade for movies.
    Last edited by Disease; 9th August 2012 at 12:13 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain.Faulkner View Post
    I do have a slightly strange one though.....Little Shop of Horrors with Rick Moranis (yes the musical!)....
    I find most musical's scary, especially if they star Julie Andrews - but that's more the product of an abused childhood than the contents of the films

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    Now see Carrie made me sad - <snip> To me, it's not creepy, just sad.
    Yup, although I'd call that scary too. It was ever so good at sad/awful for most of the movie.. didn't stop me jumping at the end though, probably made it higher. They're apparently remaking it with Chloe Moretz which is.. ughh.. I dunno.. losing the 70 kitsch wouldn't hurt, but Sissy Spacek was awesome in that role.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disease View Post
    The 80's was the best decade for movies.
    Despite the less polished special effects, I agree. Most of my 'guilty pleasure' films are from the 80s.

Crocodile Dundee, Romancing the Stone etc.

Star Wars is the only exception to this rule being 1977 and all that, but V and VI were in the 80's so that defo counts.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast